Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Silver Gs430s And Tinted Windows

I've had tinted windows on my last three cars and would like to get my new silver Series II GS430 Sport tinted too, but am unsure how they will look on big windows and silver bodywork. I like the tints on my current black Series I GS300 Sport and the last silver car I had tinted had smaller windows than the GS430.

Please can you post pictures of your silver GS430s with tinted windows and let me know the percentage of tint used, so I can see what different varioations look like.

Thank you in advance! :)

It's quite possible there aren't any silver GS430s with tinted windows. There aren't many GS430s at all round here, in fact!

Perhaps we could have a count? I'm #1...

On a similar note, anyone have any idea how many MkII GS430s were actually sold in this country?

I like being special. :)

With my Series I Sport, it was nice to have a car you don't see often. I didn't get it for this though, but it was a bonus.

I'm still undecided about the shade of tints I'm going to go for at the back (the darkest road legal shade will be on the front). I like limo black on the back, but I'm not sure if it will look too severe or not against the silver bodywork or I could go for the next shade up, which I regretted doing on my Series I with tan interior, because it has got black interior which will give the perception they are darker and might look nicer against the bodywork. :duh:

#3 :D

In the 16 months Ive owned mine - I've only ever seen 1 other on the road - which scarily was the next registered car to my original (nearly the same reg but next number)

Edited by Mark W

Am I #4 then?

I saw two Series IIs on the journey to look at the car, one green and one champagne, and I don't see them often where I live. The police used to have an unmarked black Series II GS 300 Sport, but I haven't seen it for a while and noticed they're now using BMWs.

#2. I'm investigating sales figures for UK

The reply from Lexus UK...

Thank you for your email to Lexus

Here in my office I do not have access to overall sales data of all Lexus vehicles, it is possible that you could obtain this information by contacting our head office on 01737 363 634.

I trust this information is of use to you and if I can be of any further assistance please feel free to contact me, using one of the methods shown below.

Yours sincerely

Tino Williams

Customer Account Advisor

Lexus Contact Centre

Tel: 0845 278 8888

Email:

Information@lgb.lexus.co.uk

www.lexus.co.uk

Surely Tino Williams could have got this information from his/her employers instead of just giving me a contact number where the info might be available. So much for their website which has the "ask a question" facility.

I was looking at the gallery of the place I got my current GS 300 tinted and thought these were good examples:

More saloons here:

http://www.autoasylum.co.uk/gallery1.html

According to the Lexus file name this isn't even the limo shade on the back, yet look how dark it is. I'm thinking if the dark shade looks that dark with the black interior anyway, then I may as well go limo, which is what I wanted and didn't do to my current GS 300's rear side windows. Learn from my mistakes maybe. It's a shame there isn't a way to preview your car with different shade sample sheets temporarily stuck to the inside so you can see exactly how they will react on your car in real light conditions in front of your own eyes.

Decisions, decisions. :duh: They're on annual shut down until 17 September anyway, so time to think about it.

Am I #4 then?

I saw two Series IIs on the journey to look at the car, one green and one champagne, and I don't see them often where I live. The police used to have an unmarked black Series II GS 300 Sport, but I haven't seen it for a while and noticed they're now using BMWs.

Wiltshire definitely used to have a GS430 as well, for the M4 patrol. I remember reading an article about it at the time, the plod drivers were waxing lyrical about the stability, comfort and grunt from the V8. Pretty much the same things I love about it!! :) Linky

Wiltshire definitely used to have a GS430 as well, for the M4 patrol. I remember reading an article about it at the time, the plod drivers were waxing lyrical about the stability, comfort and grunt from the V8. Pretty much the same things I love about it!!

If I remember correctly, the 430 they had didn't have a Sports pack and was marked.

Personally I don't like it when the back is darker than the front, so if it was me I'd tint the fronts the darkest they can go, and match it on the rear windows. Also as the car's silver, I always find it looks a bit odd if the windows are too dark (the complete opposite to if the car's black!)

Yeah, but if the fronts are too dark then you can't see outside properly, especially at dusk. It's illegal and you can be stopped for it, ordered to rectify them, and prove it at an MOT station. Worst case is that the car can be stopped from moving under it's own power, ie you'll need to get a truck to pick it up and take it somewhere to have the tints removed.

I *think* the darkest legal tint on the fronts are 30%, ie 70% light transmission, on anything forward of the B-pillar. That doesn't look very dark though, most cars leave the forecourt with about that level of tint anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

After a lot of thinking I went with 5% tints on the rear, which is what I wanted on my last two cars and didn't do. I haven't tinted the front two because the factory glass in this is already on the legal limit and insurers are using tinted front windows as an excuse to get out of claims, no matter how light they are.

LexusGS430Tints.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links