Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi

Just found this snippet from the US Lexus official site about tyres on the 430....

Optional 17 x 7.5-in wheels with 225/55HR17 tires are expected to experience greater tire wear than the standard equipment tires, 225/60HR16. Tire life may be substantially less than 15,000 miles, depending on driving conditions. Your riding comfort may decrease and road noise may increase during driving. Please consider all this when selecting an LS 430 equipped with this option.

And when they say substantially less boy did they mean it....

Shame we never had the option to have quieter tyres that lasted longer..... these optional size in the US are our standard tyres....

Going to get mine WIM'ed soon to hopefully sort it out....

Pete

Hi

Just found this snippet from the US Lexus official site about tyres on the 430....

Optional 17 x 7.5-in wheels with 225/55HR17 tires are expected to experience greater tire wear than the standard equipment tires, 225/60HR16. Tire life may be substantially less than 15,000 miles, depending on driving conditions. Your riding comfort may decrease and road noise may increase during driving. Please consider all this when selecting an LS 430 equipped with this option.

And when they say substantially less boy did they mean it....

Shame we never had the option to have quieter tyres that lasted longer..... these optional size in the US are our standard tyres....

Going to get mine WIM'ed soon to hopefully sort it out....

Pete

Roads in UK are DELIBERATELY noisy , supposedly to discourage us from speeding (FACT!!) But if the roads are rougher, then logic says that tyres will wear out faster. So it's unecological, as well as environmentally unsound. Good for no one but tyre firms? Do tyres last longer in Germany, were roads are smooth and silent? Does anyone know?

I'm getting mine WIM'd this week too!

Evening All.

I've been Wim'd a couple of weeks ago. One part of the adjustment on the LS430 requires a new suspension thing (they did explain it to me but I do feel out of my depth with these things) which you need to buy in order to adjust the camber or castor, can't remember which one though. Sorry for the disjointed info.

After spending alot of money on two 245/45/18 Michelin Piolot Sport tyres I wanted them to last as long as possible. In terms of handling it feels more stable and no longer tram lines. In terms of refienment, my car is now as quiet as I expected it to be. The Dunlops which were fitted prior to the Michelin's were so noisy and now the vibration under braking has compleatly disapered.

I highly recomend getting your car Wim'd. They will certainly look after you and I find it worth every penny.

Jim.

But what does "Wim'd" mean?

WIM is Wheels In Motion, a company that are experts in setting up your chassis geometry, amongst other things. They have a setup for the IS200 that fixes a long-standing premature tyre wear problem and improves the handling no end. I don't know any specifics about LS models in that regard, but it sounds like they may be able to help there too.

So being "Wim'd" refers to a visit to WIM :winky:

:lol: Just saw Steve2006's response as I was getting ready to post this.

Just got a full set of Dunlop Sport 01's fitted to my LS430 and been fully WIM'd. Apparently the geometry wasn't too bad, but now it's even better! :D

I decided to go with the Sport 01's as they are meant to be the replacements for the original SP270's. My initial impression is that they give a harsher ride than the originals and are noisier in that the noise they make is harsher too.

I'm not sure about them at the moment, but I'll see how they settle in over the next few months.

KEITH

But what does "Wim'd" mean?

WIM is Wheels In Motion, a company that are experts in setting up your chassis geometry, amongst other things. They have a setup for the IS200 that fixes a long-standing premature tyre wear problem and improves the handling no end.

Thanks for both replies, to Steve & Stevie.

I need this doing as I have wheel wobble, even after two attempts at balancing. How much does it cost?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links