Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Touch Up Alloy Repair Kits

karlp606

Just slightly kurbed my front passenger side wheel this morning! Great! I know!

It is only slightly kurbed and around 1-2 inches long and does really warrant a full refurb at £70, are they any good touch up kits that will slightly repair it does anybody know of?

Karl

to be honest its not worth doing i tried on mine and i wasnt hapy the paint match is always darker than the diamond face so you cant even half get away with it lol just wait till the alloy is really curbed and then pay the money for a refurb it wont hurt as much then lol

The wheels have been already been refurbed so they is diamond cut on the outer edge it just alight silver colour all the way around, would be best with a bit of wet and dry some filler and primer, then get a good silver paint match, the scratch is around a 1/5th around the wheel.

If your wheels are not diamond cut, then the refurb should only cost £40-50, so compared to the cost of the touch up kits that are probably around £20 (which may not even be a good match) I'd just go for the refurb.

Having looked at the sratch again its not a very deep kerbing, and as the alloys have already been refurbed I was wondering if used a bit of 200/300 wet n dry paper and light filler/primer then sprayed them would it look to bad?

Anyone else tried a small alloy refurb before?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links