Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

My Is200 Ice Install

Well first things first, I cant take any credit for the work, was all done by Bass Mechanix in Newcastle. Very happy with the end result. Sounds unreal.

I bought a second hand Audio Sysems ICE install off a mate (was rated at 146dB in his car) and took it to Bass Mechanix to get it all installed, I said I wanted to keep everything as stock looking as possible and maintain the factory sat nav. Their solution was to use a Rockford Fosgate 360 box- a proccessor unit which allows tuning of the sytem using Bluetooth, and allows the factory headunit to be kept and no need to even touch the factory Sat Nav. So system comprises of upgraded AS front components, 2x12" AS subs, and an AS amp. Didnt bother with anything in the rear other than the subs (you'd never hear anything over them anyway! Plus its all about my enojoyment as the driver :winky: )

Anyway some pics (all of camera phone so quality not too good)

DSC00263.jpg

Factory HU kept, only visible controls is the active control for the sub level

DSC00264.jpg

Relocated TRC button

DSC00270.jpg

The boot (think I'm going to get an old skool look home audio style grill for the subs) The carpet not such a good match but on the look out for another boot carpet to trim the bottom up with.

The amp and proccessor unit

DSC00271.jpg

DSC00272.jpg

And the best part (some example shots of the RF360)

DSC00265.jpg

DSC00266.jpg

DSC00267.jpg

DSC00268.jpg

The only problem i still need to sort is connecting my Ipod through the factory headunit, as the Grom adaptor doesnt work :( at the moment its plugged in through the aux input in the proccessor box, but loose a bit of adjustment this way unfortunately.

the wiring in the boot has been loft extra long so i can remove the box without having to unplug it if i need to get to the spare wheel.

i never really noticed the wiring behind the box, why would i, its hidden lol. im guessing they just put stuff through behind the back seat since i didnt want them to drill any holes or anything.

Looks like they poked the wires through the ski hatch rather than through the hole through the passenger bulkhead.......

it does look more than a bit untidy...I like the idea of Bluetooth control from PDa etc, but is a bit gimmicky.

Nice to see a'big system' fed from the OE Head Unit.

Is the Sat Nav system all functioning correctly along with the voice directions ?

Looks like they poked the wires through the ski hatch rather than through the hole through the passenger bulkhead.......

it does look more than a bit untidy...I like the idea of bluetooth control from PDa etc, but is a bit gimmicky.

Nice to see a'big system' fed from the OE Head Unit.

Is the Sat Nav system all functioning correctly along with the voice directions ?

Yeah the sat nav still functions perfectly and the drivers side speaker still goes quiet when the voice commands come on :) One of the advantages of keeping the stock HU i would imagine.

I suppose being able to tune the system off a PDA/Mobile is a gimmick, but it works well and its pretty handy. Its a much better way of adjusting the sound of the system than off the HU.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links