Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

How many of us have accidentally tapped our 400`s while parking/maneuvering? I tapped the front and back the other week in the space of 5-seconds!! After a week of driving my Peugeot 307 jam jar I always underestimate the size of the Lexus and must invest in some parking sensors. Has anyone fitted a kit to a 400 and if so what would you recommend? Before I make my choice, thought I would ask on here first. I don't have the cash for a newer model!!

Hi

Fitted a few sets to other cars and did have a look at my brothers 400 but he decided he liked the smooth look of the back without them, it didn't look too bad.

Fitting is easy, just take your time, look up behind the rear bumper and see where you can place them with access to the rear, there is usually a reasonable amount of room, you may have to take out the bumpers lower clips to see. I may be easier to remove the whole bumper which is easy, just get someone to help lifting it off and on so you don't chip/mark the paint.

I've fitted the very cheap ones on eBay and the more expensive sets on sale and I think they are all made in the same factory, they all work pretty well but you have to remember they are aids and not a definitive solution, posts and some exterior corners will confuse them....

Good Luck

Pete

I fitted some bought off eBay, wireless with beep and voice warning!

Easy DIY, except two of the side fixing bolts were seized and I had to drill the heads off.

The bumper virtually falls apart once it's clear of the car, mostly held together with plastic clips!

Suggest work on some old carpet or something during removal, to prevent paint damage ....

I fitted the Dolphin Audio kit (winner of a group test in Auto Express) from here:

http://www.dolphin-direct.co.uk/

Managed to fit it without removing the bumper. The holesaw included in the kit was also tough enough to put a hole in the bodywork between boot and bumper to run the wires through.

The only niggle with it is that because it's powered by the reverse light circuit, you get a beep from it everytime you shift between Park and Drive. Other than that it works fine and the Navy Blue sensors were a near perfect match for my paint.

I fitted the Dolphin Audio kit (winner of a group test in Auto Express) from here:

http://www.dolphin-direct.co.uk/

Managed to fit it without removing the bumper. The holesaw included in the kit was also tough enough to put a hole in the bodywork between boot and bumper to run the wires through.

The only niggle with it is that because it's powered by the reverse light circuit, you get a beep from it everytime you shift between Park and Drive. Other than that it works fine and the Navy Blue sensors were a near perfect match for my paint.

Chris

You can get a little relay to stop this, it basically delays the power to the reversing lights for a second and so prevents the anoying blip... they are quite cheap, do a google, if no luck let me know and I'll see if I can find it again

Pete

Chris

You can get a little relay to stop this, it basically delays the power to the reversing lights for a second and so prevents the anoying blip... they are quite cheap, do a google, if no luck let me know and I'll see if I can find it again

Pete

Thanks for the tip-off. Looks like I need the "1SD" from this page:

http://www.parking-sensor.co.uk/accessories.asp

Chris

Pete

Thanks for the tip-off. Looks like I need the "1SD" from this page:

http://www.parking-sensor.co.uk/accessories.asp

Thats the baby.... a bit more than I remember it being but it will do the job....

Pete

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links