Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Worked Out What The Problem Is

Saraj

Right, finally worked out the problem,

I bought some alloys, and swaped the wheel over, and took a look again, and noticed the spring holding the pads in disspeared in the space of 48 hours, this was causing the sounds whilst braking, then took a closer look and one of the pads was just in pieces?

the metal part was against the disc and the two bits of pad behind it, looks like the pads came off. Which was casuing the scrapping noises whilst trying, metal bit side by side with the disc.

Going to need to get the kit again and new pad for it, then I should be sorted,

No idea what caused the damage to pad, any ideas?

Faulty pad? maybe take it back to my local shop were I bought the set from, there were Mintex ones.

Hopefully should have all my problems sorted !

There were fitted by a local garage who I have never used before, as I need them fitted quickly on a Saturday morning, there were the only ones willing to do this.

But then he did advised the pin was corroed, and I replaced this myself, did I fit it incorrectly? but would it have cause this?

I just want to clarify who at blame, the supplier of the pads? the fitter of the pads? or the fitter of the clips (which is me lol)?

Depends where the problem was caused !

true, well lets get it fixed and sorted for once !!! lol

thats because me and mark did your brakes wozza

can you come round and get mine done

there not hard to do get some new slide pins and there is a strip down link by tigerfish

i read the link before doing wozza and mark from wim showed me alot about about doing the strip down on the brakes

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links