Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi Guys

For some time now I have had a problem with starting my Jan 1995 LS400 which is heading towards 174000 miles.

First of all see this thread

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...&hl=starter

From that thread you will see that it appears to be about a general starting problem. The problem that I have is that the clicking occurs ONLY from stone cold. It hasnt happened at any time when hot or even tepid.

I have had the Battery checked - its apparently ok. I have also had the +ve connector to the Battery changed being mindful of threads on this subject and finding that mine was defective. This has made no difference whatsoever.

I will be delighted to receive constructive comment and suggestions to solve this please

Steve

Hi Guys

For some time now I have had a problem with starting my Jan 1995 LS400 which is heading towards 174000 miles.

First of all see this thread

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...&hl=starter

From that thread you will see that it appears to be about a general starting problem. The problem that I have is that the clicking occurs ONLY from stone cold. It hasnt happened at any time when hot or even tepid.

I have had the battery checked - its apparently ok. I have also had the +ve connector to the battery changed being mindful of threads on this subject and finding that mine was defective. This has made no difference whatsoever.

I will be delighted to receive constructive comment and suggestions to solve this please

Steve

Steve

I have had several cars over the years that have done this, they all started playing up when cold and got better when hot, all of them got worse and worse untill it wouldn't start at all, I had to replace the motor.

I'd start looking for a motor and fit it yourself, its a big job but seems straightforward...

Sorry for no good news from me, maybe someone else knows a trick or something.

Pete

Pete

Thank you for taking the trouble to reply.

I was hoping for better news although it comes as no surprise

Regards

Steve

Steve

Don't know where in Lincs you are but if you need a garage to do it and don't know of one in your area I can recomend one in Hull, they are a general garage and MOT station. I've known the owner for years, he is honest and trustworthy and will do the job right. PM me if you want his details.

Pete

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links