Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Comma "air Con Cleaner"

japthree

Picked this up for £12, on the instructions says to turn the air con on with the engine running but you could just turn the key to ON to get the air con working - what's the difference please?

You spray the stuff behind the front passenger seat after moving the front passenger seat as far as possible - erm why passenger seat and not drivers - convenience?

It says to discharge all of it - but I stopped halfway so I could use it again - the car isn't that smelly!

I'm not sure what the difference is but it needs to be on for a good 15 minutes on full blast so I'd have thought turning the engine on is just to avoid a flat Battery.

Likewise I don't know why it has to be the passengers side.

I've used it before and it's good stuff - worthwhile doing every few months.

I used it on both mine and wife's car. Gives good results. I think you put it near the aircon intake under the seat. Mine was £12 from Halfords over a year ago so will see if Tesco still has it.

I used it on both mine and wife's car. Gives good results. I think you put it near the aircon intake under the seat. Mine was £12 from Halfords over a year ago so will see if Tesco still has it.

Not sure what make mine was :unsure: but did a good job for £5 :whistling:

I'm not sure what the difference is but it needs to be on for a good 15 minutes on full blast so I'd have thought turning the engine on is just to avoid a flat battery.

Likewise I don't know why it has to be the passengers side.

I've used it before and it's good stuff - worthwhile doing every few months.

I followed the instructions and did it for 10 minutes, supposed 15 is better, but was sitting in the car - and you have to keep the aerosol button pressed down manually - there's no switch on it to let it discharge automatically - I was getting my breathing system cleaned too! The box says SIMPLE TO USE LOCK & LEAVE SYSTEM and figure 4 has the aerosol discharging without any hand there as in figure 3 so I thought there was some catch/switch on it to let it discharge automatically?

I followed the instructions and did it for 10 minutes, supposed 15 is better, but was sitting in the car - and you have to keep the aerosol button pressed down manually - there's no switch on it to let it discharge automatically - I was getting my breathing system cleaned too! The box says SIMPLE TO USE LOCK & LEAVE SYSTEM and figure 4 has the aerosol discharging without any hand there as in figure 3 so I thought there was some catch/switch on it to let it discharge automatically?

The nozzle on the aerosol locks once it is activated from what i recall. You took a real chance remaining in the car with the canister discharging.

The nozzle on the aerosol locks once it is activated from what i recall. You took a real chance remaining in the car with the canister discharging.

where can you buy it from

• 4 weeks later...

Passenger seat... because the air intake for the air recirculation is on the passenger side... You did set it to recirculate?

The air con doesn't work if the key is turned on... you need the engine running to drive the ac compressor... The ac needs to be on so that the cleaner will condense on the evaporator coils, mix with the moisture on there and help kill the bacteria that forms the odours... If the ac is off and the evaporator coils are dry, then it won't work.

Use the full can....the button should lock down if you give it a good shove... Try not to breathe it in...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links