Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Headlights

jnash

i have a x reg is200

i have notice that some people have the same car as me but different standard lights, am i right to assume that these are for a later model, my ones look really "frosty" compared to these ones. can i use newer headlights on my older car, if so , which shape (or year) should i be looking for to get the headlights from.

hope this makes sense.

thanks

Jonathan

Hi there Jonathan, I too have a 2000 reg is200, I have the JDM headlights on mine these are no longer available as far as i'm aware. Usually when you look at headlights to buy you need to make sure they are UK (not us or euro), with regards to the year it should specify the range in which the headlights fit. Are there any in particular that you are looking at?

What do you mean frosty? As far as OEM equipment goes, all cars from 99-04 had the same chrome headlights, post 04 cars had slightly darkened satin grey headlights.............

There are also the JDM black headlights, and many people have opened up their headlights and painted them whatever colour they wish.

Which ones have you got and what would you like to replace them with?

Ssorry i didnt mean frosty. i think the newer ones are slightly darker, i personally think they look just a bit better, i think i am referring to what you called the "post 04". will these lights fit onto my lexus x reg is200?

thanks and sorry for the confusion!

No probs mate, yeah the darkened ones do look good - I'm pretty sure they're a straight swap. It's only the fogs that don't swap directly as they changed the bulb type at some point but the headlights should be fine.

one of my lamps has went frosty/cloudy looking around the indicator part. i am going to take it apart and if it cleans up i going to de tango them both and spray them black, possible metallic panther black (ford) very sparkly looking. and if it looks sh*t then just spray them gloss black.

Are the fog lights really different?

Have a look HERE

Fogs for post 03 cars were different, the actual housing didn't change, but the bulb did so will need some minor wiring changes I think (but don't know for sure what's involved). Link also has the relevant part numbers if you're going to get them from a dealer :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links