Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Getting New Wheels Soon

whiteman

:whistling: Has it say's I am getting some new wheels soon.......maybe!!!! reason for getting them is that winter is coming and the standard wheels still look like new but my car spent the lst 2 years in Cyprus so they didn't suffer from corrosion like they would here in the UK so to prevent them getting all fooked up and then havinf to spend loads of money getting them diamond cut etc to look like new again I thought it would be cheaper to get another set of allies.

Looking at the 11spoke lexus wheels as I have always liked them and didn't bother getting any as the stanard ones looked great still. I also need new rubber soon so I may be able to get a good deal with tyres. I am not sure which colour will look good but in my opinion I think the anthracite colour will suit a dark blue car. What you think guy's & gal's. also anyone got any pics of em. B)

I'd go for the anthracite, but personally I actually prefer the design of the original wheels - have you considered refurbing them into a different colour? Black chrome looks amazing but as it's still just a powder coat it only costs slightly more than the normal colours (unlike diamond cuttng)

I'd go for the anthracite, but personally I actually prefer the design of the original wheels - have you considered refurbing them into a different colour? Black chrome looks amazing but as it's still just a powder coat it only costs slightly more than the normal colours (unlike diamond cuttng)

I like the original wheels but I know for sure after this winter here they will of course start to corrode that is why I was going to get some new ones and put the others into storage to keep them looking like new. They don't need refurbing now they still look new.

I like the original wheels but I know for sure after this winter here they will of course start to corrode that is why I was going to get some new ones and put the others into storage to keep them looking like new. They don't need refurbing now they still look new.

Ahhh, my fault for reading your first post too quickly :blush:

Have you got the original wheels or the refurb warranty replacements? Reason I ask is that mine where replaced when the car was about 2 years old, so they had been on the car for almost 4 years before I took them off a few months ago, and they don't have any corrosion on them at all - that's having withstood all the winters, bit of snow, grit on roads, and my general lack of cleaning them! The refurb ones are much more resilient than the original ones, so possibly a few coats of a really good wheel sealant might be all you need to keep them looking as good as new :)

Otherwise of course get yourself a new set of the anthracite ones to keep the modder inside you happy too :winky:

I might just get some wheel sealant, what did you use? My wheels were replaced under the wheel warranty, and the the clear coat on them is fairly thick, On two of them they have got some of the clear coat which is damaged due to tyre fitters being careless when fitting new tyres..

|Still not sure weather to get the 11 spoke allies tho..

On the original alloys? Nothing at all, somehow they've lasted this long with no protection.............

I've got some poorboys wheel sealant that I bought for the 18s I've now got on, but still haven't used that either :lol:

theres a fella (I mentioned in a seperate thread somewhere) who is selling the 11 spoke sets, both colours available, for £120 a set!!! I'm havin a set of silver (My car is green) as soon as I get paid

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links