Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Sports Grille

Steviewevie

I've just bought a sports grille. Will it be pretty obvious how it fits, are there any gotchas ?

I wasn't too suprised to find the instructions all in Japanese, most of the diagrams are pretty self-explanatory but there are a couple that completely baffle me (particularly the one showing a hand with what looks like a loop of string (?!) pulling something :duh:

I'm not particularly mechanically minded so these feels like major engineering to me, and I don't want to break anything ! :blush::lol:

I've just bought a sports grille. Will it be pretty obvious how it fits, are there any gotchas ?

I wasn't too suprised to find the instructions all in Japanese, most of the diagrams are pretty self-explanatory but there are a couple that completely baffle me (particularly the one showing a hand with what looks like a loop of string (?!) pulling something :duh:

I'm not particularly mechanically minded so these feels like major engineering to me, and I don't want to break anything ! :blush::lol:

Should be easy enough...four plastic retaining plugs (two each side at the top) and a self tapping screw (centre top). the bottom of the grill is held by plastic clips in slots, so they have to be pushed either up or down (cannot remember which way :blush: ) to release as the grill is pulled forward to remove.

The sports grill fitting is the reverse of removal, the only little problem I had was ensuring the lower plastic clips were in the right position to fit in the slots...which could be the use of the string you describe...to pull the lower fitment up to position correctly. I just held it up with a plastic spacer which I removed afterwards.

Good instructions Tango, or if you don't fancy it, bring it along to JAE, we'll sort it then :D

When I fitted mine I could not get it to fit all the bottom klips.

You could give me a hand with it if you like :whistling:

A bit :offtopic: Wozza would you like to have a look at my head unit also.

My radio has very poor reception,you told me what to do before but it was over my head :withstupid:

Would be most gratefull ,there's lager,fancy biscutes & home made toffee in it for you :winky: :winky:

Should be easy enough...four plastic retaining plugs (two each side at the top) and a self tapping screw (centre top). the bottom of the grill is held by plastic clips in slots, so they have to be pushed either up or down (cannot remember which way :blush: ) to release as the grill is pulled forward to remove.

The sports grill fitting is the reverse of removal, the only little problem I had was ensuring the lower plastic clips were in the right position to fit in the slots...which could be the use of the string you describe...to pull the lower fitment up to position correctly. I just held it up with a plastic spacer which I removed afterwards.

simple as that :) go on you can doit

Like everyone else is saying the bottom clips are a real pain to get in, I used a row of 3 sockets under each notch on a piece of string to pull up the bumper a little bit :), after the clips are in pull the string & sockets back out.

Thanks for the advice folks, sounds like the clips at the bottom are the tricky bit, I think that's what some of the strange diagrams in the instructions are trying to explain !

I feel confident enough to give it a try now (well not literally now, probably tomorrow if the weather's ok !), thanks again, I love the LOC ! :D

Not a problem

I can look at it but don't let me touch it if I've had a BEER, it wouldn't be sensible :iraqi-info-minister:

Are you talking about the elecric aerial feed ? I am sure I sent you a icture of the wire an what to do....... :duh:

Not a problem

I can look at it but don't let me touch it if I've had a BEER, it wouldn't be sensible :iraqi-info-minister:

Are you talking about the elecric aerial feed ? I am sure I sent you a icture of the wire an what to do....... :duh:

Yes thats what I'm on about. Just dont want to mess about with things i hav no idea about :rolleyes:

Cheers mate :D

Woo-hoo, I did it ! :D Pics below :

IMG_2073_edited-1.jpg

IMG_2074_edited-1.jpg

Getting the plastic retaining clips out was a bit tricky, three out of four of them "pinged" out and fell inside the engine bay. I managed to get them back out after I removed the original grille though.

I managed to get all three of the bottom plastic clips to engage. Found it difficult at first but I managed it through putting my arm down behind the grille (I've got thin arms !) and pulling up on it whilst simultaneously pulling the grill forward to lock it in place.

Not exactly a major job as mods go in the IS200 world, but a major step for me, feeling very pleased with myself now ! :D Thanks again to those who gave advice.

Nice move.

I did mine a week or two ago. It was a really warm night, I struggled like hell with the middle clip and ended up with a right sweat on!

It does look a lot better though with the sports grill. The three bar grill just doesn't quite look right. The older four bar grill looked better.

Sorry for poor quality it's a mobile phone piccie

Image070.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links