Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Replacing Wingmirror's And Passenger Window Switch

Hi guys my mirror on my 2000 IS200sport are a little flaky on the paint and have seen some around going fairly cheap, just curious how easy or hard are they to replace (they are electric)?

Also looking at replacing the interior passenger door switch card as there is a slight scratch on this again how easy/hard?

Hi guys my mirror on my 2000 IS200sport are a little flaky on the paint and have seen some around going fairly cheap, just curious how easy or hard are they to replace (they are electric)?

Also looking at replacing the interior passenger door switch card as there is a slight scratch on this again how easy/hard?

On the inside of the car (back of the mirror) take the plastic corner bit off (pull) then you will see 3 bolts holding it to the metal door, just undo them and it will come off, and the wire for the electric bit to, just unclips :D

I think the door switch cards just clip in mate :D

re Door Switches

When you take off the door panel there is a tag at each end in the switch unit, depress and it pops out.

You may be able to use a butter knife without removing the Door Panel, but do so at you own risk.

The wiring section just plugs in/out.

re Wingmirror

Open the Door and gently pull off the Tweeer Cover (just a push/pull fit) I think there are bolts there for the Mirror Housing.

After that you are on your own :o

re Door Switches

When you take off the door panel there is a tag at each end in the switch unit, depress and it pops out.

Can be done without removing the door panel. But helps if you have seen it from the inside!

If you do have to take off the door panel, it is a simple one screw hidden in the door hangle and one down inside the door grip, then just pops off from its retaining clips. 1-2 mins work.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links