Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Two Accidents Equals One Bad Week

What a horrible week i had last week, two accidents in my shiny new IS200, the first one happened when some "lovely lady" in a new VW Jetta decided she wanted to be in my lane, this resulted in a dent about two inches long in my front left wheel arch and a few scrapes to the paint, these are the images from that accident,

21072008002.jpg21072008003.jpg21072008004.jpg

then two days later im at an intersection stationary, im second in line to turn right behind a 2003 jag XK8, lights go green, he guns it, i follow, we go around the corner (which had been a blind one due to a truck sitting on the other side of the road we were turning into) and wow, theres a car illegaly turning literally 5 meters after the corner, both the jag and i hit the skids but i just run up the end of that beautiful $190,000 car,,,, which has resulted in a wee bit of damage to my front, the main thing is that the second catch on the bonnet (the one thats controled by the switch in the car) is out of allignment and wont shut which means its being held down by the first little latch that anyone can open and an octopus strap.

Cars going to the crash repairer on friday to be assessed by insurance, but its a lovely $1,300 excess im going to have to pay, but semi luckily, i already had a quote for $1,100 for the first accident which the other lady is going to have to pay up which will cover most of the excess on the second accident, which can partially help with the fix of the first accident (the front left fender will probably have to be replaced as its slightly warped, which is the main damage she did).

23072008003.jpg23072008.jpg

Guest inicol63

Sorry to here of your accidents.

I hoping no one was injured.

Your have that back to as good as new in no time

I like the colour of your car.....

Good luck IAN

really soz to see your car damaged mate. :crybaby: ..but remember i know its your pride and joy but at the end of the day its just a piece of metal.....and like Wozza said.....it can be sorted...you cant ...and at least know one was hurt..

P.s love the colour aswell...Kodiak sky i believe..

gutted for for mate :sad: but as long as everyones ok ,

i,m sure you won't have any problem getting the damage fixed :) keep us informed on what the assessors have to say

u shud have fled the scene if the second accident before anyone could identigy u, and then claimed off the silly woman in the Jetta for ALL the damage

thanks for all your comments :) luckily no physical damage but i would say a fair bit of mental damage to me :( had the car for just over a month,

yesterday the "lovely lady" from the jetta sent me a bill for her damage, a total of $2,600 for a few little scratches of paint, reviewing her claim she wants a whole new rear bumper and qtr panel plus a new mag wheel,,,, ahwell atleast i have evidence on my side and she will be paying the lot!

parts coming from japan will be 3 weeks and then another two weeks to fix, then it will be back to normal! then i just have to get the exhaust tip redone because the original owner broke the tip and never replaced it,

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links