Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Magnetic Oil Drain Plugs

Yes - I have upgraded to magnetic sump plugs (on both the engine and gearbox).

You would indeed have problems if you have pieces of metal floating around your engine, but the rationale behind the magnetic plugs is to draw down the tiny metallic particles that MAY exist in older, worn engines.

The ones I got for the ATR have very strong magnets, so I'm impressed.

I think there is a shift pin fallen from the gearshift into the gearbox on my Vitara. Really wanna get it out, before it does any damage, and so it can be relocated as I currently only have 2nd, 4th and reverse gears. Am driving the Vit at the mo as still waiting for new glass in the Lex. Think the drain plug may well be magnetic. I'm talking gearbox now though, not engine. Will have to look into it when i can find the time. The way i see it, your probably better off with a magnic one, just in case...

we use these on aircraft to work out wat part of the engine or gearbox is breaking down by analyzing it, so we can track ware patterns, they get checked every 25 flying hours and sent of to a lab with a sample of the oil, they carnt remove all the metal particals from the oil so if there is too much debri then you have to flush it . hate to think howmany driving hours i accumulate in six months but i carnt really see much point in these on cars.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links