Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

The time has come for me to pull my GS out of my garage where it has sat since February. I bought 3 new oxy Sensors just before xmas and now I have finally found the time to fit them. The upper 2 are easy but where do I start looking for the hidden one? I know its underneath but I haven't had a look yet.

I'm going to put some road rent on it by the weekend and start using it again.

The other question I have is regarding the rotor arm. Does it have an inbuilt Rev limiter fitted to it that works on centrifugal force?

As soon as you get under the car you will see the 3rd sensor. Just after the downpipes join up into 1. I believe You need to lift the carpet on the drivers side to get to the plug for the 3rd sensor.

The other question I have is regarding the rotor arm. Does it have an inbuilt Rev limiter fitted to it that works on centrifugal force?

Without taking my distributor apart I can't say for sure, but i would assume it would not. I would expect the fuel Injection system and ECU to take care of any rev limiting.

I still have the annoying misfire on hard acceleration. Its now officially driving me mad. I can't work out whether its fuel or Electrical. I have changed everything I can think of but still it does it.

I was thinking of the rotor arm having the centrifugal limiter built in but when I checked it, I realised I had already changed it.

So far its had, plugs, leads, cap, rotor arm, Air flow sensor, fuel filter (X2), oxy sensors, EGR valve checked, no fault codes showing, Full intake cleaned and checked for air leaks and lots of head scratching.

It starts, idles and drives perfectly until you put your foot down and it hesitates and surges up to the speed you want. Its as if it can't get enough fuel to the engine for a split second or a Plug fails for a split second.

Any way of checking the Fuel damper or fuel delivery?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links