Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Mirror Closing Module And Some Other Queries!

jnash

It looks like i am to inherit a 2001 is200, and i have a few questions....

I would like to know if the mirror closing modules are still availiable anywhere, i do have the diagrams to build one if necessary, though i would rather buy one.

also , i am to replace the headunit, how can i tell if i have a built in amp (so i know whether i need a amp bypass lead or not!)

great forum by the way and thank you in advance.

Jonathan

What do you mean about the mirrors is the closure unit not working :question:

Stereo is quite easy to replace, the amp is just behind the glove box so you will need a bypass lead and depending on how you like your music eg: very loud then you'll need new speakers.

Best thing to do matey is check out Wozza's ice right up's anything you need to know Wozza's your man ;)

Welcome to LOC :D

What do you mean about the mirrors is the closure unit not working :question:

Stereo is quite easy to replace, the amp is just behind the glove box so you will need a bypass lead and depending on how you like your music eg: very loud then you'll need new speakers.

Best thing to do matey is check out Wozza's ice right up's anything you need to know Wozza's your man ;)

Welcome to LOC :D

hi ya

thanks for the quick reply, i wasnt very clear sorry!

i would like to add the automatic closing mirrors module to my lexus so the side-mirrors go in when i lock the car!.

Am i to assume that all the is's have a amp, i want to keep all the stock speakers with my aftermarket headunit, however i want to add a amp for my sub in the back.

thanks

Right i'm with you now you can get closure units Geoffers on here designed one look below at what Rabsters done with his, as for ice defo ask Wozza.

Ok so here we go

7th Mod 1touch wiring all round car

05042008144.jpg

09042008155.jpg

the green and red wire in each door is the window UP and down Switch

8th Mod Window Clousure

9th Mod Venting system and Full window roll down from remote Not on Lexus but seperate remote for now i am looking into this

10th Mod Wing mirror Closing circuitg

I don't believe the mirror closure units are available anymore unless you come across a used version.........

To tell whether you have an amp or not, you need to know whether you have a base model, or an SE or Sport. If base model (no sunroof) then there's no amp, if SE or Sport (you have a sunroof) then there's an amp. You could always just look behind the glovebox to see if there's an amp as well! :whistling:

Those are some really nice mods on Rabsters car, also see Woodford on the plates so can't be far off, would love to see that car in the flesh at some point :winky:

I don't believe the mirror closure units are available anymore unless you come across a used version.........

Those are some really nice mods on Rabsters car, also see Woodford on the plates so can't be far off, would love to see that car in the flesh at some point :winky:

I think best bet is to ask Geoffers to make you one up, but he's really mad busy at the mo so may take a while if he can do it, if you have enough knowledge about that sort of thing ask either Geoffers or Rabster for the design plans and do it yourself ;)

thanks guys for your help. i like the mods ive seen on this forum, i will be taking my parrot, reversing camera, flip screen, sub, amp, reversing sensors all out of my audi and putting them in it. (unless i sell the pioneer flip and go for a double din)

i have the SE so im assuming i need a bypass. having devled into electronics since i wired up full closure for a schematic for my polo about 5 years ago, so maybe a bit rusty!!! i have the plans, but i willl give geoffers a quick pm to see if he has a fulll knocking around. now i just need to wait for the car!!!!

one question i for got to ask, when i get the fascia panel. does it give me two options for a single din and a double din front frame, or are they seperate?

thanks

one question i for got to ask, when i get the fascia panel. does it give me two options for a single din and a double din front frame, or are they seperate?

The autoleads fascia kit comes with all the parts to do either setup. The Toyota panel you have to cut out the hole the size you want.

The closure unit is really easy to make and i would never be without it now as i have tied that into full closure and some other bits and pieces around the car.

I would never go back to the single Din and being touch screen its just great lol

if you need some help drop us a pm im willing to help just ask wozza lol

The closure unit is really easy to make and i would never be without it now as i have tied that into full closure and some other bits and pieces around the car.

I would never go back to the single Din and being touch screen its just great lol

if you need some help drop us a pm im willing to help just ask wozza lol

Thank you, i have sent a pm, but now you guys seem to be swaying me back to my old ways!, i looked briefly at the diagram this morning (about 3am!) i remember i need a timer and a relay, have you guys got model number for say maplin, that is probably the hardest part for me lol!

Facia kits off eBay offer single or double option by-pass leads also on eBay it's just straight plug and play lead out of the back of the amp into the by-pass into the stereo and Roberts your mothers brother.

Look at Wozza's walk through's tho for sum idea's especially making the facia kit blend in with the rest of the dash.

If thats just for the output stage of the mirror closure then that should be fine

i got mine from maplin as its an off the shelf same as all the other components if you are thinking about the windows as well you need a high AMPAGE relay for those in addition

If thats just for the output stage of the mirror closure then that should be fine

i got mine from maplin as its an off the shelf same as all the other components if you are thinking about the windows as well you need a high AMPAGE relay for those in addition

rabster, did you get everything from maplin or just the relay?

thanks

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links