Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Breakdown Service Recommendation?

Looking for best value for money one, bear in mind Lexus is the most reliable brand, especially the IS, hence do I REALLY need to join - how many ISs do you see on the motorway hard shoulder?!?!

Any do special discounts on Lexus because of their reliability - surely Lexus and Breakdown services is an oxymoron?

RESCUEMYCAR.COM

Give the above a try - Rescue My Car . Com

About £44 for Roadside / Home & Recovery

I dont think you can beat it?

We have 3 cars in our household & all oare covered by them - we have only needed to call them out once when my Daughters KA broke down. They came out within 40mins & decided they could not fix it due to the power steering pump exploding & a recovery truck turned up 1hr later & bourght the KA + my daughter & her 3 friends home.

The cover is for the car only (i think only the AA & RAC cover the member) but every other provider covers the car.

You are also limited to 3 call outs per 12months (i think you have got to be bloody unlucky to break down 4 times a year!!!!)

Hope that helps

The RAC are quite good as i've used them in the past and do cover the member, so that if your in another persons car and it breaks down they will come out and either try and fix it or get you to where you want to be, even though its not your car which i thought was quite good and for the cost of the cover nowadays its worth having for piece of mind, :)

AA sucks and they ripped me off for £500, the recovery guy was a raving looney (local garage) and thought it would be ok to see how far he can get close to someone with me in it for 200 miles. He did 90 with my car being towed.

Join RAC.. they have some good deals and treat you better.

Have a look at www.moneysavingexpert.com, I have just gone with Auto-Aid based on recc's via the site. They are unusual in that you pay for the recovery and they pay you back....interested to see what you think, very economical and well thought of, they are also part of a very large broker organisation.

AA sucks and they ripped me off for £500, the recovery guy was a raving looney (local garage) and thought it would be ok to see how far he can get close to someone with me in it for 200 miles. He did 90 with my car being towed.

Join RAC.. they have some good deals and treat you better.

i had the same type of experience with the AA, Was towed 40 miles 6ft from the back of the van at over 70 mph at times :ohmy: and not the best feeling when you cant see in front of you!

Have a look at www.moneysavingexpert.com, I have just gone with Auto-Aid based on recc's via the site. They are unusual in that you pay for the recovery and they pay you back....interested to see what you think, very economical and well thought of, they are also part of a very large broker organisation.

I use the same, can't beat £36 a year!

www.autoaidbreakdown.co.uk

I have used the RAC for years. No real complaints other than once when they took the p%ss a bit on their response time. But I did get a discount on my renewal when I whinged about that incident.

£36 does sound cheap Janet & Yaumeister, but at the end of the day I don't have the money available to pay vast recovery costs (sods law says I would be on a very tight month) so despite the relative cheapness, that option would never give me peace of mind.

(i think you have got to be bloody unlucky to break down 4 times a year!!!!)

You've obviously never owned a Peugeot 307 :lol:

I personally wouldn't go with the AA. Needed them once with my old Punto and instead of sending a patrolman, they sent a chimpanzee.

Never needed RAC so can't comment.

had AA before, have to commend the guy that helped me out he towed me to the nearest VW dealership then paid for a hire car for me to get home over £100 out of his own pocket. :o I'm sure he would have claimed it back from AA but even still

ADAC

German breakdown

covers across Europe

english speaking call numbers

they use AA or RAC within the uk

79euros with home repatriation and many other benefits

they will also pull you of the nurburgring for free !

Vehiclerescuedirect. Only problem with them is that if you change vehicle part way through and new vehicle has it's own cover, they won't suspend your policy whereas GreenFlag will.

I am with Morethan.

They subcontract to "Ontime". Price is good, policy is very thorough, and service when I've used them has been good.

Do bear in mind that the BEST offers for breakdown cover are always for NEW customers. So each year, be a right tart, and go to a NEW provider if you can. Just keep switching between the firms that you trust.

(I used to work for the RAC's marketing team).

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links