Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

I've read alot about the F-Sport Air Intake system available in the states. I'm wondering if this would fit UK specification IS250's. and if it does what will be the service requirments? if i take my car to the dealers for a service they wouldnt be able to change air filter as this would be an F-Sport one. How often does the air filter actually need to be changed?

I've read alot about the F-Sport Air Intake system available in the states. I'm wondering if this would fit UK specification IS250's. and if it does what will be the service requirments? if i take my car to the dealers for a service they wouldnt be able to change air filter as this would be an F-Sport one. How often does the air filter actually need to be changed?

The F-Sport air intake system consists of a replacement intake tube, a replacement bottom section for the filter box that has an extra intake hole, and a reusable free flow filter, so it'll just need cleaning every now and then (cleaned mine last week).

Here's the comparison between the original and F-Sport lower box, showing that it will fit the UK spec. The boxes are the same size...it's just the perspective from the way the pic was taken that makes the F-Sport appear larger.

00311sk5.jpg

00311sk5.31d443a6a1.jpg

Thanks for your reply. I will place my order for the F-Sport intake then. Have you noticed any improvement in performance since you installed your F-Sport intake?

By the way how is the F-Sport Air Filter cleaned? they have F-Sport Air Cleaning Kit available but how do you actually clean the filter? is there any special methods?

Thanks for your reply. I will place my order for the F-Sport intake then. Have you noticed any improvement in performance since you installed your F-Sport intake?

I haven't got the F-Sport intake system as I had already installed my intake pipe and fillter before Lexus thought of copying the 'Joe Z' system. Joe has used a dyno' to compare the original intake and filter against his pipe with a free flow filter and it gives another 3-4 bhp.

The extra intake hole before the filter is an 'old school' idea and in the belief that the Lexus Engineers knew what they were doing, I modified my standard lower box ...see http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...mp;#entry558347

However, since completing the box mod I have reached the same conclusions that guys in the US have reached on the F-Sport box in that it doesn't contribute anything to the efficiency of the intake....all the (minimal) gains are from the pipe and filter. Only thing it does is provide intake noise, which may rock your boat or not :unsure: .

Unfortunately the F-Sport intake comes as a complete kit, and is considerably more expensive than the Joe Z pipe and a free flow aftermarket filter like the Blitz one.

The minimal gains recorded were also on a car with an aftermarket cat back exhaust system, and again 'F-Sport' now market a system similar to Tanabe & HKS. Joe Z has manufactured a complete stainless steel total length twin pipe system (including free flow cats) that he has fitted to his IS350, so it will be interesting to see what the dyno results are when he tests it (he hasn't modded the air box or fitted the F-Sport lower box).

Thanks. might just place an order for the F-Sport Intake Kit then. How does it effect the emmisions? if you had an F-Sport intake and needed and MOT will it fail the emmisions test?

Thanks. might just place an order for the F-Sport Intake Kit then. How does it effect the emmisions? if you had an F-Sport intake and needed and MOT will it fail the emmisions test?

Not sure what you mean by 'just place an order for the F-Sport Intake Kit' as I understand it only comes as a complete kit i.e. pipe, filter and lower box. Have a look on Club Lexus for more info http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=338421

also the released Joe Z exhaust http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=360515

more on intakes http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread...8270&page=2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links