Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Unusual Noise From Front Brakes!?

Mr. Stig

:eerrrmm: :sad: Hello !

I have a 2001 IS 200 SE Auto 53000 miles in the clock about 3 weeks ago . Nice condition, well kept ,full service history from Lexus Woodford Green with full warranty as well.

My problem is: when I park the car slowly and the brake pedal fully pushed in I can hear few small clicking noise from the both front wheels.

It is happening only if I drive forward and the noise coming out just right before the car fully stopped. I'm sure the pads and the discs are still in good condition.

Have any of you experienced something like this ! Is this could be a normal noise from the calipers or something faulty????

Thanks !

I'm sure there is a few posts on here regarding noises like this, usuall all it takes to fix is some copper grease but if it's under warranty then take it back and get Lexus to have alook at it, they'll probably strip it down grease it up and Roberts your mothers brother ;)

It sounds like its just be a small movement from the brake discs, nothing to worry about.

Stav

What kind of movement of the discs are you talking about Stav? I wouldn't expect any movement of the disc (in a rotational sense), and would worry about it if they were bacuase your wheel is probably loose if it isn't clamping it firmly in place.

Sounds like the clips on either end of the pad (that clip onto the caliper mount). They keep the pads snug but I guess could compress slightly and allow the pad to move slightly. Which will then move back again as you actually stop, causing a "clicking" . Maybe see what condition they are in, and check if the shims are in place which would help prevent the movement a bit more.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links