Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Forced Induction

Talisker

I've been thinking about getting an an induction kit and i've had a thought.

Would there be any gain to installing a high pressure ducted fan in the pipework, thus actively sucking air into engine?

Would it work or would it just through up loads of error messages because too much air is being pumped into the engine?

If it did work it might be a good way of increasing the performance of your induction kit. B)

Poverty spec turbo?

I assume the car would need mapping to suit even if it was possible, and the gains wouldn't be great at all. Certainley not worth the bother imo.

I've been thinking about getting an an induction kit and i've had a thought.

Would there be any gain to installing a high pressure ducted fan in the pipework, thus actively sucking air into engine?

Would it work or would it just through up loads of error messages because too much air is being pumped into the engine?

If it did work it might be a good way of increasing the performance of your induction kit. B)

There certainly is a way of forcing more high pressure air into the engine. Called a TURBO :P

Here's an idea. Get your missus's Dyson and take it apart. Fix the motor of the vacuum into the engine bay using cable ties and duct tape. Run a switch to the dashboard. U will need an inverter to run a 230v motor from 12v. Halfords will sort you out with that for £30. Use the hoover pipes to feed the air into the engine. You might want to cut a hole in the bonnet to get more air in.

I am joking by the way. Sorry to disappoint those who may have thought I was serious.

Here's an idea. Get your missus's Dyson and take it apart. Fix the motor of the vacuum into the engine bay using cable ties and duct tape. Run a switch to the dashboard. U will need an inverter to run a 230v motor from 12v. Halfords will sort you out with that for £30. Use the hoover pipes to feed the air into the engine. You might want to cut a hole in the bonnet to get more air in.

I am joking by the way. Sorry to disappoint those who may have thought I was serious.

From reading your detail description, it sounds like you speak from experience mate?!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links