Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Swaping Trim

JTMILLER

Hi there,

I have a 2003 IS200 Platinum which has a nice interior but i was wondering whats the chance of swapping a 250's door trim in? anyone know if they share the same sort of clips or would it have to be a custom job?

Just asking out of interest, i prefer the exterior and dash of the 200 but i think the doors on the 250 are nicer :P

bit shallow? yes :D

Cheers

Justin

cheers for the advice :P

well as i only just got it im throwing up ideas what to do with it, budgets not great so i thought try and grab a totaled 250 and swap it over, thought a 250interior in a 200 would be a bit different :P maybe down the line might do a custom interior although this one aparently is some special interior only 140 got, but why be one of 140 when you can be one of one :P

I am almost certain the Door Cards if offered up would be completely different.

I also like the seats in the IS250 but again a lot of work would be needed to

make them it directly into an IS200. The front seats for example would at least

need a custom subframe to make the mounting bolt holes line up.

My car came with the half leather interior, I have since bought a full leather interior

from a later wrecked IS200 including Door Cards, and imported an armrest kit from

the U.S.A, together they make the inside much more habitable.

LeatherInteriorWithCenterArmrest.jpg

LeatherDoorCardWithChromeSpeakerGri.jpg

Maybe a Full Leather re-trim, & custom Door Cards would be the best way to get a unique result ??

my current seats are alright in this one

10883108.jpg

cars so new i havnt had a decent time to take photos yet but this was the one from the listing,

a friend was saying he would be happy to get a wrecked ones trim and then redo it and put in some more speakers if i paid, might do that down the line,

i know its a bit tacky but something realistic and easy to do that im thinking of is to put some orange lighting under the front seats at the front and rear to match the dash lights, by any chance to do you know the voltage of any power running under the seats?

That would be the light in the ashtray? or is there a light in the ciggie? sorry new car so i dono what everythings like yet :P

as for the actual setup im looking at some 5mm orange LED's which have a view angle of 36 degrees so a bunch of them running a little dimmed should give it a nice orange glow.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links