Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Dent Removal

Hi guys.

Just spoke to my bro and he'd told me he has a couple of dents on the roof of his car that he wants removing. Is this a common thing that can be easily done by a suitable company??

i know door dents are quite commonplace and easy(ish) to get removed, but what about roof??

no idea how they got there by the way.

cheers

rob

Just had my dent from the roof done yesterday.

Took the guy about 45 mins and charged me £30

Just looks like new again

how do they go about doing it fella??

seen this place in leicester that he may go and have a chat with:

http://www.dent-technique.co.uk/dent_removal/

they do a saturday 'clinic' so i guess its worth a punt,,,,,,,,,

are dentmaster a mobile lot that come to your house kinda thing??

Yep there are loads of them, I've used Dentwizard before - they're mobile, will do it on your drive......

To knock a dent out of the roof, they'll probably remove the door seal and pull down the roof lining a bit and poke their tools through there. It's not very intrusive at all.

And dents on the roof, yep weird how they get there, but my guess has always been large fruits/conkers/etc falling out of trees........ :duh:

Dent removal is the easiest/cheapest way to repair small spots however it's not magic. If the dent is too deep or the paint too old and the result will be a cracked finish. Sometimes the endresult seems perfect at first but not long afterwards the coat will come loose from the metall and a new paintjob is nescesary.

It's just the same as spot repair: the chances are you won't be able too see the damage (if it's done by a professional) but one should always count in more drastic repairing.....

Just had my dent from the roof done yesterday.

Took the guy about 45 mins and charged me £30

Just looks like new again

how do they go about doing it fella??

seen this place in leicester that he may go and have a chat with:

http://www.dent-technique.co.uk/dent_removal/

they do a saturday 'clinic' so i guess its worth a punt,,,,,,,,,

are dentmaster a mobile lot that come to your house kinda thing??

Was not home at the time ,but my wife told me that he pulled the snuroof down a bit with a small wedge,

then fed his tool through the gap,placed a mirror on the roof,so he could see the dent from inside the the car,and worked it gently until it pooped out.

The paint was not broken or damaged.

he got it done yesterday and it was pretty cool top watch.

as said, roof lining off, and then dent popped back out from both the underside and the top.

don't see any reason why the paint should crack/separate at a later date to be honest. the company mentioned above were very good so highly reccomended if anyone needs stuff doing....

is that a good way to advertise your dent removal service? :D :D

dscf1114-small.JPG

PMSL!! hadn't noticed that

honestly though, the chap who did the work yesterday in the car 'clinic' was top draw and very helpful. u can't notice anything was there and my bro was well pleased with the result..

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links