Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Rear Spoiler

I purchased a used Lexus which has a rear spoiler and a sport grill. It was all fitted when I purchased the car. Sholud I tell the insurance company even thouh I didn't fit them???

I'm about to renew and want to be very careful that the insurance company has all the details. I asked about "factory fitted parts". Spoilers, sports grill etc, they said as long as I've owned it from new and they were factory fitted thats fine.

However it varies with each company so give them as much info as you can.

It is a standard spoiler

Thats an accessory spoiler mate, unfortunatley it cannot be classed as factory fitted.

Best tell your insurance, better safe than having a policy made void in the event of a accident claim.

Yep...defo get onto them and let them know about it!!! The same happened to me on one of my old cars. I got into an accident and the insurance company wouldn't pay up due to modifications I hadn't claimed!! :ph34r:

Cheers - Neil

Guess I was lucky then !!

My old 318iS had a huge evo spoiler, scorpion exhaust, induction kit, chipped, 17" Polished M3 alloys, M3 mirrors - none of which was mentioned to the insurance.

When I accidently reversed it into the Southport Flower Show (at speed). I got all of the repair work done without any problem.

:withstupid:

Guess I was lucky then !!

My old 318iS had a huge evo spoiler, scorpion exhaust, induction kit, chipped, 17" Polished M3 alloys, M3 mirrors - none of which was mentioned to the insurance.

When I accidently reversed it into the Southport Flower Show (at speed). I got all of the repair work done without any problem.

:withstupid:

There's gotta be a joke in there somewhere... B)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links