Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Open Road Event 2003

My Moms friend just traded a Golf GTI COnvertible ('90) for a 2002 SC430. As I sold the Golf for her she let me have a go in the SC, it was nice but not gonna set the world on fire. As for the RX. Don't be a poof! they are for runs to the shops or Hair dresser, neither of which are the activities of men, I hasten to add. I'd say they are over rated but, never heard anyone rate them... Stick with a Range Rover, mate!

The SC is nice but you know for £40k you could but a mint used (£18k) TVR Cerbera, take a month off work £10k tour South of France, Rimini, Nice, Monaco Caan (for the film festival) and still have £12k change for the Don Johnson Style suits and the fist sized Diamond you'd have to buy the supermodel that wanted to marry you just for a sniff of the connolly hide you arrived in...

Do I sound like I've lost my love for the brand? Nothing could be further from the truth! JUst those two models are not really my cup of earl grey at that price bracket. I'd put a £20k Merc 500SL on a private plate next to a £40k SC430 in a palm beach parking lot and both would get equal attention and a foot nothing balding fat man with bad breath, bad attitude and really bad taste in shirts would still strugle to pull in either!

Okay, I did have a lot of s*x on the body work of the SL280 but I'm obviously not talking about me here!!

Loz

Ps. when does this LSD wear off??

My Moms friend just traded a Golf GTI COnvertible ('90) for a 2002 SC430. As I sold the Golf for her she let me have a go in the SC, it was nice but not gonna set the world on fire. As for the RX. Don't be a poof! they are for runs to the shops or Hair dresser, neither of which are the activities of men, I hasten to add. I'd say they are over rated but, never heard anyone rate them... Stick with a Range Rover, mate!

The SC is nice but you know for £40k you could but a mint used (£18k) TVR Cerbera, take a month off work £10k tour South of France, Rimini, Nice, Monaco Caan (for the film festival) and still have £12k change for the Don Johnson Style suits and the fist sized Diamond you'd have to buy the supermodel that wanted to marry you just for a sniff of the connolly hide you arrived in...

Do I sound like I've lost my love for the brand? Nothing could be further from the truth! JUst those two models are not really my cup of earl grey at that price bracket. I'd put a £20k Merc 500SL on a private plate next to a £40k SC430 in a palm beach parking lot and both would get equal attention and a foot nothing balding fat man with bad breath, bad attitude and really bad taste in shirts would still strugle to pull in either!

Okay, I did have a lot of s*x on the body work of the SL280 but I'm obviously not talking about me here!!

Loz

Ps. when does this LSD wear off??

OK, guess that's me told! :D :lol:

How do they select people for the Open Road events? I was lucky enough to go last year and would love to attend another one !

and when you find out Claire - you will of course share, won't you?

;)

Loz - I'm with you mate, would not spend that sort of money on an SC430 - not my cup of tea.

I much prefer the older SC range (not sold in this country, only available in Toyota form as a Soarer). Lovely looking cars, very "classic" looking.

Get a minter for £7.5k, a few bob doing it up, and have £30k in the bank from the money it would cost for the 430.

But.....

we are not talking about buying one here - we are talking about being invited to screw the nuts off the full Lexus range for free - now that idea does appeal to me.

B)

I think its down to your dealer to invite you. Last year there was a website you could register on, the idea being you'd get the letter then go to the website to say you'd attend.

Hopefully as soon as one person is invited they'll let the rest of us know!

Nearly on-topic with the SC430 pricing comments....

A lady walks into a Lexus dealership. She browses around, then spots the perfect car and walks over to inspect it. As she bends to feel the fine leather upholstery, a loud fart escapes her.

Very embarrassed, she looks around nervously to see if anyone has noticed her little accident and hopes a sales person doesn't pop up right now. As she turns back, there standing next to her is a salesman.

"Good day, Madame. How may we help you today?" Very uncomfortably she asks, "Sir, what is the price of this lovely vehicle?"

He answers, "Madame, I'm very sorry to say that if you farted just touching it, you are going to s**t when you hear the price."

i wouldnt be allowed to drive them coz of my age i think. ah well. sounds good though if you got time to go and drive the cars

i agree bout the RX and SC430

take a nice Range instead, they are more expensive but look class and the inside is class.

as for 50k on an SC430, nice cars but can think of better way to burn 50k. can find a lambo diablo on a 92-93plate for that much, F355 on an R reg

or a new TVR with change in the pocket,

or a Porsche

or if you hold on you can get the new aston martin porsche 911 rival in 2005 for bout 10k extra (so they say)

down to personnal taste but they jus aint my taste

mitch

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links