Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Help Alarm Wont Turn On & No Central Locking

hi i have got home after a long day, my car wouldnt respond to the key - i pressed lock or unlock and noting

i came home and got my 2 spares and still nothing

When i open the door with the key the alarm went off but the car wouldnt start (security light wouldnt go off)

phoned rac and they came and the guy left the key in the ignition for 6mins(he said it needs to learn the key again) or so and then fired it up and it started (security light went off) but when i tried locking the car with the key it wouldnt work still no responce

now the alarm is off dosent sound any more and the car will start with any of the keys

but i want to use the central locking, it is hasel rememberign to check all the doors to make sure they are locked

anyone got any idea what might have happened to it today and if there is an easy resolve?

Just a quick though i was thinking it might be the reciever in the roof that might be gone but that wouldnt explain the car not starting first time?

-Thanks

ps

dont tell anyone my car dont have an alarm at the moment!! :shutit:

Wozza does like to regularly show his pointers....

Does the door switch work allowing you to lock the doors before you get out? Not the answer but will make things slightly easier.

The alarm ECU is a good few hundred quid. I suspect the ECU rather than the receiver because of the issue starting.

Have you tried re-programming the keys? I know you don't have a master as such, but it may sort of work considering it does recognise it to start the car after a time. Got to be worth a go - HERE

Wozza does like to regularly show his pointers....

Does the door switch work allowing you to lock the doors before you get out? Not the answer but will make things slightly easier.

The alarm ECU is a good few hundred quid. I suspect the ECU rather than the receiver because of the issue starting.

Have you tried re-programming the keys? I know you don't have a master as such, but it may sort of work considering it does recognise it to start the car after a time. Got to be worth a go - HERE

hope its not the alarm ecu, everythin on a lexus is expensive

nope not tried the button inside the car to lock it

nope havent tried reprograming it will try that tomorrow hope it resolves it

Ok, so sounds like your car may have forgotten all of your keys. You seem to have solved part of it (starting).

When programming the keys, the central locking/alarm part and the immobaliser/engine start parts are separate. So if you can now start the car, it may be that part of the programming is ok and part is not (alarm/central locking part). So try to re-programme that if you can.

Also definatly check the fuse mentioned above.

I've never heard my alarm! I'm starting to wonder if it even works!

How can I trigger it to check?

sorry if its :offtopic:

Brick throu the window mate. If it doesn't sound then, it needs looking at. So will the window.

Serioiusly thou? Try arming it with the window open, then reach in and pull the bonnet, should sound when you open it.

Or, lock yourself in, with remote. Wait. Then try to trigger it by movement or messing with the door locks (you may have to wait 30 seconds or so before the sensors are armed, not sure.)

I have set mine off both of these ways in the past.

I've never heard my alarm! I'm starting to wonder if it even works!

How can I trigger it to check?

sorry if its :offtopic:

just lock the car with the remote and then open the car door with the key in the door lock and open the door and the alarm should go off

-Thanks guys i will check the fuse or try reprograming the keys again i hope it solves it - I will have a litle play with it and give you an update soon

yayyyyyy :D car is sorted, i couldnt find the fuse you were refering to but they all seemed fine

the car somehow forgot all the keys inc the master key which is very strange i has to program them all again and it seems fine, i also found out when u are setting the key (hold lock & unlock on the key for 1.5secons and then any button within 3 seconds) you can do it to all 3 kays one after the other with out having to do all the sequence again

but i still dont understand how my car can forget the keys and will it happen again(hope not)

Thanks for all your help guys :flowers: thats 1 problem down 500 more to go :unsure: (well it dose feel like that sometimes)

This seem to be the same problem I had and spoke to Lexus and they informed me that its the receiver within the car that must of gone faulty and will cost around £400 for the part and then labour after there pricin never took it in to be confirmed) Ever since ive been locking the car with the key and having to manually unlocking/locking the passenger side door etc. Did you use the really long list of opening door, closing, door press key etc??

This seem to be the same problem I had and spoke to Lexus and they informed me that its the receiver within the car that must of gone faulty and will cost around £400 for the part and then labour after there pricin never took it in to be confirmed) Ever since ive been locking the car with the key and having to manually unlocking/locking the passenger side door etc. Did you use the really long list of opening door, closing, door press key etc??

yes thats what i did and its not really that long, i have done it before so this time around it only took 5min if you want i can help you run thought it via phone just to make sure its being done right, could save you alot of cash

also if its the reciever inside the car why dont you replace it your self, buy one from a breakers and it wont be too hard to change - i remember doing it on my 306 after it had got wet by my leaving the sun roof open in the rain gettin in and it wasnt so hard to change but might be bit more complex on a lex but still not over us novices heads.

hope this isn't a silly bit of advice, but I had the same problem and all it was was that one of the doors hadn't been closed properly, (not sure if it was a dodgy contact on the door open sensors, as they all appeared closed, but having locked the car manualy for a day and a half, I got back in and closed my drivers door and the door open light stayed on, and it turned out to be my rear passenger side door...

hope this isn't a silly bit of advice, but I had the same problem and all it was was that one of the doors hadn't been closed properly, (not sure if it was a dodgy contact on the door open sensors, as they all appeared closed, but having locked the car manualy for a day and a half, I got back in and closed my drivers door and the door open light stayed on, and it turned out to be my rear passenger side door...

yea i thought it might of been that at first as it wouldnt lock for me once because a door wasnt shut tight but i and and closed every door wile the alarm was going off and no difference - but it was defo the ecu forgot the keys

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links