Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hey folks, hope you're all good!

I picked up another wing mirror for the Aristo today, ok its technically not a gs but I figured I'd get better coverage in here as they share the same chassis!

Basically just wondered how involved a job it is. Ok basically I'm saying could an idiot (for example moi) do it or is it a take it to the garage job?

I'm stuck on Internet via the phone so had a very quick look and this thing is slower than Barrie drinking a pint and Mat opening his wallet so figured I'd ask you lot expert advice!

Thanks in advance and hope you're all good and keeping well :)

cant see why you couldny do it?

its probably the same as most cars, tweeter pod off, 3 screws.. unplug the wiring loom... reconnect new mirror.. screw back to door.. refit tweeter pod thingy majig

Morning guys, thanks for the replies :)

OK time for idiot question #1 ;)

How do you get the tweeter pod off? I'm not with the car at the mo, so will have a nosey when I get in from work, from what you're saying I'm assuming its bolted in too then?

If it is similar to the Mk1, then the pod just pops off. Behind that is the tweeter held on with two large screws. If the later GS/Aristo is the same, then once the tweeter is off, you need to remove the trim panel around the base of the tweeter that heads around the top of the window. And also remove the door panel unless you can wangle a spanner down the back of it to get to the wing wirror lower fixing bolts (there are three in total, one at the top under the window trim, two at the bottom behind the door panel).

Just done a few pics for comparison. The last pic I have arrowed roughly where the bolt locations are. Sorry, didn't have time to remove the trim and door panel but I can remove them if you need any other pics.

mirror1.jpg

mirror2.jpg

mirror3.jpg

You aren't joking!!

I'm pretty much off the booze and stuff at the moment though anyway, I've pretty much only drunk this year what I'd have drunk in a week two years ago :o

Pretty scary eh?!

Don't worry though I'm off to a season closing party this Friday and I'm going to get very drunk - it's a quid a beer so it'd be rude not to!

Spending most of my time in a new 318i (my mams) at the moment which is actually very nice, but I'd seriously got used to the speed of the Aristo as when I get back in that thing now it scares me at times - and to think I'd gotten used to it - note to self "must treat with care" :lol:

I'm feeling that brave I might even rip the back seats out later and see if I can noise proof something rattling in the roof lining - no sure if you've heard it but a track called Smack by Simon Patterson kinda dislodged something :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

I've done it!!

Found some guides over on Club Aristo and followed them, basically you take the door skin off and disconnect everything, then the tweeter and plastic frame around the window come off at which point you remove the connectors and swap everything over - just little old me and finished it in 40 mins!

Not bad for me hey? Even took the other side off to tighten the speaker frame up and sort out the window button which dropped out the doorframe a week after I got the car - that took 6 minutes!!!!

Going to have a look on the back of the car later and see if I can sort that rattle but have a feeling I've actually blown the sub up!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links