Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Brake Disc / Pad Fitting

Just ordered 2 rear brake discs and 4 rear pads and will need them fitting. I appreciate that prices vary from garage to garage but as a rough idea, how much would you expect to pay to get them fitted? Obviously I'm not going to bother going to Lexus for that.

Why not tackle it yourself, someone posted this guide recently Click here

Doesn't show rear pads but gives a good outline of the procedure involved for the front, so the rear cant be any more difficult

if not urgent you could do them at the WIm LOC meet.. im sure tony siad the ramp could be used for such things and there will be more than enough ppl to do em..

bit like an F1 pit stop.. but longer!!

Just ordered 2 rear brake discs and 4 rear pads...

How much & from where ? You can PM if you don't wanna post on the thread.

No, I don't mind saying. I bought a Mintex box from an eBay seller named quality.car.parts for £89.99 + £12.95 p&p. Ive seen them cheaper on there but only the pads were Mintex and the disc manufacturer wasn't named (so almost certainly NOT Mintex). With these ones, all the parts were Mintex.

I have a standard IS200 Sport so although I try to upgrade a little when I replace each part, there's no point me splashing out on any high performance stuff.

As for the meets, I appreciate the offers and I'll have a look at the dates but I need to get them done pretty sharpish. Not sure there's any pads left now and they're wearing grooves into my discs!

Just ordered 2 rear brake discs and 4 rear pads...

How much & from where ? You can PM if you don't wanna post on the thread.

No, I don't mind saying. I bought a Mintex box from an eBay seller named quality.car.parts for £89.99 + £12.95 p&p. Ive seen them cheaper on there but only the pads were Mintex and the disc manufacturer wasn't named (so almost certainly NOT Mintex). With these ones, all the parts were Mintex.

I have a standard IS200 Sport so although I try to upgrade a little when I replace each part, there's no point me splashing out on any high performance stuff.

As for the meets, I appreciate the offers and I'll have a look at the dates but I need to get them done pretty sharpish. Not sure there's any pads left now and they're wearing grooves into my discs!

if there that bad just get socket set and do it yourself its not hard and you could do them both in an hour

The rears do have a brake drum built in which contain the brake shoes for the hand brake. Other than a bit of potential messing about releasing the self adjuster slightly so that the shoes clear the lip on the drum the job should be pretty similar.

If you get stuck and you fancy a drive to Derby sometime on Sunday afternoon, we could have a go at my place to sort them out

I honestly do appreciate the offer, Tigerfish and would do but I'm off to Tatton Park tomorrow (Sun) for the 'Classic and Performance Car Spectacular'. Meeting my ex wife and her new bloke there... what fun, lol

if not urgent you could do them at the WIm LOC meet.. im sure tony siad the ramp could be used for such things and there will be more than enough ppl to do em..

bit like an F1 pit stop.. but longer!!

I was thinking of doing this myself for my rear pads...but wondered if it might be a bit off as WIM offer a brake service?

I was thinking of doing this myself for my rear pads...but wondered if it might be a bit off as WIM offer a brake service?

I have booked time on a ramp for this very reason. It was offered for free by WIM so would be silly not to take up the offer.

I believe there are 2 ramps :whistling:

Why dont you have a look at the knowledge section at the begining of LOC it tells you how to do it ...just a thought...i need mine doing soon...when you do fit yours ( mintex box ) could you let us know what they are like mate..ive seen these on eBay and would like to know if they are any good...thanx

Why dont you have a look at the knowledge section at the begining of LOC it tells you how to do it

I see the post for the brake pad replacement, and have seen walkthru's on LOC for replacing the front discs,

but not replaceing the rear discs :crybaby: Anyone help ?

when you do fit yours ( mintex box ) could you let us know what they are like mate..ive seen these on Ebay and would like to know if they are any good

Will do mate. Not sure how easy it will be to judge their performance with them being on the back but I'll be honest either way.

I honestly do appreciate the offer, Tigerfish and would do but I'm off to Tatton Park tomorrow (Sun) for the 'Classic and Performance Car Spectacular'. Meeting my ex wife and her new bloke there... what fun, lol

No problem mate, have fun with the ex jerry.gif

Decided to have a go myself. Hadn't really got a clue what to do but hoped that once I'd got the wheel off and could see that parts, everything would make sense.

Failed at the very first part, getting the fu**in wheel off! The locking nut is rusty and the ***** what fitted my latest set of tyres seem to have over-tightened all of them. Some won't budge at all and when I tried to turn the locking nut, it started to warp! :tsktsk:

Just waiting for a garage to get back to me with a price for fitting rear discs and pads so if it isn't too steep, I'll just plead ignorance about the locking nut and hope that they manage to get it off somehow.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links