Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Is 300 - Mpg And Other Stuff

I'm currently spending approx £25 a week in my IS 200 if I went for an IS 300 how much could I expect my Petrol cost to jump up by in £'s please? thanks.

Also I've noticed the 18" Six Spoke Aero alloys centre cap is plain, there is no L logo, if I wanted to replace that with a centre cap with an L logo what options do I have, does the new IS model centre cap diameter fit the old IS wheel.

Hope that makes sense?

Thanks.

I'm currently spending approx £25 a week in my IS 200 if I went for an IS 300 how much could I expect my Petrol cost to jump up by in £'s please? thanks.

Also I've noticed the 18" Six Spoke Aero alloys centre cap is plain, there is no L logo, if I wanted to replace that with a centre cap with an L logo what options do I have, does the new IS model centre cap diameter fit the old IS wheel.

Hope that makes sense?

Thanks.

I dont think much in it really mpg, is300 dont use much more than your is200 :D

The centre caps from standard 17inch lexus wheels will fit the 18inch styling wheel :D

Gord is right - haven't noticed any noticeable diff in mpg in my 300 versus my old 200

(although I haven't done any exact meassurments)

Hope that makes sense?

Thanks.

The centre caps from standard 17inch lexus wheels will fit the 18inch styling wheel :D

Thanks.

Just what I wanted to hear.

I drove an IS 300 in 'anger' for the fisrt time on the weekend, I must admit it has got some power and real grunt.

And then very refined when driving it casually, very impressive!

slightly :offtopic: I went on Parkers and looked at the new tax brackets re IS300 and it only gave prices for cars registered after Oct '01 but they were available a few months before that, so does that mean the early ones won't be affected, despite being after march 01?

slightly :offtopic: I went on Parkers and looked at the new tax brackets re IS300 and it only gave prices for cars registered after Oct '01 but they were available a few months before that, so does that mean the early ones won't be affected, despite being after march 01?

it must depend on the number plate, if its not a 51 plate, you should be ok (unless new tax laws go ahead)

as for MPG, my gs (same engine right?) does around 15-20mpg depending on how i drive. most at the moment is in traffic, where i get 300miles out of 1 £70 tank! and that £££ is going up everyday!!!! its no fun at all :(

as for MPG, my gs (same engine right?) does around 15-20mpg depending on how i drive. most at the moment is in traffic, where i get 300miles out of 1 £70 tank! and that £££ is going up everyday!!!! its no fun at all :(

same engine, but the GS is heavier, and may well have different gearbox ratios than the IS :shifty:

where i get 300miles out of 1 £70 tank!

That's exactly what I get from my IS200 auto so I think you're doing fine!

this is driving very lightly on the throttle. theres certain roads that deserve floor to the ground.

driving isnt fun anymore when your counting how many miles you get from a tank. watching other cars with smaller/bigger engines going faster and using less petrol than me takes the *****!

I have had both a 200 sport and now the sportcross, again not much difference in mpg, but the 300 power is more accessible without having to use the rev range as you do on the 200, this tends to make me drive quick but smoother...therefore little mpg difference.....looked at swopping the 300 for a more eco car last week but I COULD NOT DO IT !!! even when i was selling the 200 I decided I might have a change...but still ended up with another Lex !!

I too have owned a IS200 Sport and now own a IS300 and am very pleased with the MPG.

I average 30mpg in the IS300, I use it every day and clock-up about 500 miles a week (various types of roads).

GO FOR IT !!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links