Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

I usualy hang out in the LS forum, but have recently considered trading to a GS450h as my LS430 is getting a bit too expensive since petrol has jumped so high in price.

What is the real fuel economy like on a GS450h?

I drive gently with my LS and get about 36mpg on a long run and about 26mpg around town.

Any comments welcome, I did try to search this forum, but had no luck, sorry if this subject has been covered before.

I think the economy figures quoted on your LS seem excellent.

In general from my GS450h I get low 30s mpg on a long run, and late teens possibly low 20s mpg in town, allbeit driving in London traffic.

I usualy hang out in the LS forum, but have recently considered trading to a GS450h as my LS430 is getting a bit too expensive since petrol has jumped so high in price.

I drive gently with my LS and get about 36mpg on a long run and about 26mpg around town.

Any comments welcome, I did try to search this forum, but had no luck, sorry if this subject has been covered before.

Late 20's around town, and early to mid thirties on a run. This is disappointing really; I don't know where the official figures came from - the sales dept?? However, you have to experience the performance and tranquility afforded by the vehicle - quite extraordinary :)

Late 20's around town, and early to mid thirties on a run. This is disappointing really; I don't know where the official figures came from - the sales dept?? However, you have to experience the performance and tranquility afforded by the vehicle - quite extraordinary :)

I think I will arrange for a test drive from my local dealer and see what I think. I must say that the fuel economy does not sound great... I thought it'd be near the 70mpg like the prius... :)

The cars are sold as performance hybrids and not economy. They are designed to give the performance of a car with a larger engine - hence GS450h when it only has a 3.5 litre V6.

I took one for an extended test drive the other weekend and I have to say I thought it was brilliant. It had the capacity to keep up with many other smaller performance cars from our friends in Germany. Cornering was fun!! It is a massive car. There are hours of fun to had pulling away in electric motor mode as well :D

I'd recommend one if you can afford it - brilliant - you GS450h drivers are lucky people. I'm saving up :)

My dad had one for a weekend from stockport, The First GS450H Sport. Not as much kit as the SE-L, but boy could it shift. It sounds like the engine is keeping at the same revs, but at the same time manages to pull like a train.

Very very nice car and hes saving till next year as well - currently has a 05 IS200SE.

I have a 2008 spec GS450h, I was quite concerned, prior to collecting the car, about the reported full consumption compared to the Lexus figures. However I have been surprised by the amazing economy of this machine. On a 200 mile jurney on a mixture of road types, with my sensible head on, I achieved 39 mpg. this was at an average of arond 50mph.

With sporty head on and powerhybrid mode and sport suspension setting, in the mountains of Wales it is absolutely stunning and still able to achieve 29mpg.

A truely amazing car, and a joy to drive.

I had one on loan recently when I had my car in for some minor work.

It gave about 33mpg in urban (London) traffic which I was quite impressed with :D

Worse was about 15mpg :o whilst checking on the erm more spirited side of the cars nature :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links