Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

A Few Is200 Questions

Ok, so after scouting pistonheads, autotrader...etc, I have found that for my budget £4.5k I can get hold of a few Sport's, but they are generally quite high mileage. Firstly is it a good idea going for an IS200 with 90-110k? Assuming they have been serviced when needed what are they good for? I don't intend on putting too many miles on the car as it's mainly for weekends, so 3k or so MAX a year.

Secondly, the Age of cars that fall into my bracket are generally 99/00, so, T, V & X reg. How much should I expect to pay for a full years worth of goverment scandal, aka tax?

Last of all, what are the most common problems when MOT time approaches, are IS200's prone to anything in particular failing?

I'm sorry if any of this has been asked in the past.

Thanks, Ryan.

Firstly the TAX, its 101.75 for 6months and 185 roughly for 12months pre 2001 reg any thing after that then it goes up a fair bit (there are a few posts on here bout it). The mileage is no issue really, mine as well as others that i know has roughly that many miles on it, As long as it has been looked after with service history. As for MOT's there pretty solid, its just tyre wear you may need to watch if the geometry hasn't been sorted thats about it really, looking forward to seeing your purchase if you decide to go ahead

Azz

Stav - Cheers! Answers alot of my queries there.

Azz - Thanks alot, so the tax isn't too bad then which is a result. :) I have read alot about tirew wear so it's something to bare in mind.

Ok, so after scouting pistonheads, autotrader...etc, I have found that for my budget £4.5k I can get hold of a few Sport's, but they are generally quite high mileage. Firstly is it a good idea going for an IS200 with 90-110k? Assuming they have been serviced when needed what are they good for? I don't intend on putting too many miles on the car as it's mainly for weekends, so 3k or so MAX a year.

Secondly, the Age of cars that fall into my bracket are generally 99/00, so, T, V & X reg. How much should I expect to pay for a full years worth of goverment scandal, aka tax?

Last of all, what are the most common problems when MOT time approaches, are IS200's prone to anything in particular failing?

I'm sorry if any of this has been asked in the past.

Thanks, Ryan.

i have X reg Green Se for sale, with sports parts fitted (not lsd) 75k full body kit, and the 18inch styling kit, sat/nav you can have for £4.5k

Hi Gord, thanks for the offer. But as it's my first Lexus I want to get it spot on. My ideal IS, is a blue sport. If I struggle to get hold of one I know you have a car available.

Cheers Ry.

To clarify will my tax definately be no more than £190 a year? My Sport is on a T plate, 99.

Ry

Yes mate. Possible rising a little next year (but only to 210ish i think). As long as it is pre march 2001, u'll be OK. Post march 2001 is a different matter, you guys had better bend over, cos ure gonna get ****ED!!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links