Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Im Taking Cbt Tomorrow

shake

hey

i've got my cbt tomorrow morning. (limehouse area please avoid unless you want some impressions of my face on your windscreen!)

does anyone have any tips? its been a long time since i've riden a bike (7 years ago on a manual dirt bike).

i'll be taking the cbt on an automatic so i can concentrate on the road...

my worst nightmare is failing on the site test. i've measured out roughly 20metres and can read it fine, but its the stupidest thing to fail on.

im bricking it lol

No-one fails a CBT.

wheni did mine last year 2 of the 4 people there failed did not even get on the road must say they could not ride around the carpark and the other bloke i went out with nearly did not pass good ride then about 500 yards from the finish he messed up big time and herely hit a car on the roundabout but still passed just and i was the only one that sailed thou it well i could not read the plate from 20 meters it was more like 10-15 who needs to read a plate at 20 meters

just take your time and listen to what they say and you will be ok

It's too much now...

I passed my bike test in about '79... ride round a block one way... emergency stop, then ride round the block the other way..

As I always say... you only have to pass it the once... I shall soon be back on a bike after 20 years... funnily, the same type as I had back then.. a Suzuki GS550E

So that'll be a GS as a car, and a GS as a bike !! :)

John

Good luck mate, i did my CBT a few years back then a direct access, if your on a scooter and struggling with balance you can't rev the pants off it to get the flywheel spinning to increase your balance, but you can hold front brake slightly and rev engine, to help balance slightly, but only do this is confident in front brake and grip levels.

When i did mine i was told no one fails and if you dont pass on the first day you just go back the next day and have another go, not sure if its changed though.

It's too much now...

I passed my bike test in about '79... ride round a block one way... emergency stop, then ride round the block the other way..

As I always say... you only have to pass it the once... I shall soon be back on a bike after 20 years... funnily, the same type as I had back then.. a Suzuki GS550E

So that'll be a GS as a car, and a GS as a bike !! :)

John

I have a GS also.. but its a 1200 :whistling:

hey

i've got my cbt tomorrow morning. (limehouse area please avoid unless you want some impressions of my face on your windscreen!)

does anyone have any tips? its been a long time since i've riden a bike (7 years ago on a manual dirt bike).

i'll be taking the cbt on an automatic so i can concentrate on the road...

my worst nightmare is failing on the site test. i've measured out roughly 20metres and can read it fine, but its the stupidest thing to fail on.

im bricking it lol

So how did it go

i fell off! :blush:

... we were practicing emergency stops in an astroturf area.... on the 4th go i locked up both wheels (was raining alot) and landed on my shoulder and skidded. was doing around 15mph at the time. the teacher originally said if someone falls they usually end it there and then due to shock.

i was ok and he agreed i'd be fine to carry on..... needless to say.....

i

PASSED ^_^

as for my arm and shoulder i cant lift anything heavy and it hurts like hell! its probably going to be worse tomorrow. going to get the deep heat out now

i think had i fallen off on the road i would of failed. they offer the if you fail, come back for free.

apart from the fall, everything else went well.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links