Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

£20,000!

Canaide

;) In about 3 or 4 months i will be receiving £20,000 cash and my main objective is to get a second hand IS200 sport, 4 or 5 grand is going on other stuff but i also have a grand from my previous car so i have a rough maximum of 17,000 to spend. What good upgrades could i get and does anyone have any recomendations. I know its early but i plan far ahead. i dont wanna spend more then 14 or 15 grand on the basic car either. Any suggestions?

Cool situation!

The best upgrade u could get would be to buy a GS300 in the first place as its smoother more economical apparently and has more power and room. But, I suspect you have set your heart on a 200 so the best thing would be to accept that the safest buy is from a dealer and get then to search the network for your exact spec, colour, auto/manual, sat nav, wheels etc.. then if you have to dosh from your old car use it as a deposit when your dream car comes up and wait for your cashola to come through and buy the blighter!

best mods none factory are reversing sensors (see the link on this site) and tracker security so when it gets nicked it comes back pronto!

Loz

ps welcome to the lexus experience... considered gold membership for great dealer discounts?

can get you a 6 month old is200 sport platinum ice for £17500

ex forces tax free car, uk supplied immaculate condition , available soon.

then with the remainder of the cash get a set of springs and some cool asthetic touches

The First thing to do with £20K in cash is NOT spend it.

I'd suggest putting a deposit on the car of say £10K and pay the £7K balance off over 3 - 4 years.

You can get loans for less than 7.8%. So you'd only pay about £7.8K. Assuming you can afford the £220 a month payment.

Hopefully that would leave you the other £10K to play with.

You can still use your old car as a trade in if you wish, but I'd suggest selling it private, as this lets you get your IS at a best cash price.

However, get the price on the IS sorted first before, you arrange the finance, and ask around for the best finance deal.

With £20K in the bank you should have no probs getting the finance.

On that TV program "right car, wrong car" The dealers nearly always went down to thr 5% mark, not sure Lexus would oblige, but always worth thinking about.

Div.

Yes but I think they are talking 5% flat which is actually about 10% apr, something you need to be careful of when talking to car dealers and always ask for the APR figure. Lexus Leeds offered me 7.2% apr, but I took 6.9% from Sai******s Bank on-line.

Na, i want an astral black with exmoor leather, and like i said i aint spending that much but

cheers for the offer, oh and im definately an IS boy, its so much better looking then most all lexus models apart from that convertible model. I was more looking for types of body upgrades and engine enhancements i heard that you can buy computer chips which remap the entire car wiring and stuff and also speed the car up?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links