Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Parking Ticket

I got a parking ticket the other day for stopping on the kerb :tsktsk:

I was just dropping someone off and there were no parking spaces available so as the road was narrow I thought it would be better to just pull onto the kerb for a second so I didn't impede the traffic and the b :tsktsk: ds got me with CCTV! They got me so quick that the photo they sent on the notice has the passenger door open but the passenger hasn't even started to get out of the car yet!

Isn't surprising really, if there's a murder, or someone's car gets vandalised, there's no CCTV footage but stop your car for 2 seconds and you're done before you've even had a chance to do anything about it........

So sick of this country, guess this is what 1986 was on about.........big brother really is watching, but only if you're a motorist :angry:

I was just dropping someone off and there were no parking spaces available so as the road was narrow I thought it would be better to just pull onto the kerb for a second so I didn't impede the traffic and the b :tsktsk: ds got me with CCTV! They got me so quick that the photo they sent on the notice has the passenger door open but the passenger hasn't even started to get out of the car yet!

Isn't surprising really, if there's a murder, or someone's car gets vandalised, there's no CCTV footage but stop your car for 2 seconds and you're done before you've even had a chance to do anything about it........

So sick of this country, guess this is what 1986 was on about.........big brother really is watching, but only if you're a motorist :angry:

gutted!

i may be completely wrong but unless it is a non stopping area (red routes or urban clearway) i dont understand how this can be correct. you were in the car and stopped for a few mins which i thought was within the law??

i would appeal anyway nd see what happens. i appeal all of the fines i get and most of the time they cant be bothereed to respond and they get overturned..

i may be completely wrong but unless it is a non stopping area (red routes or urban clearway) i dont understand how this can be correct. you were in the car and stopped for a few mins which i thought was within the law??

No this is the best part, the offence wasn't parking on the yellow line, it was stopping with two wheels on the kerb where this was not permitted. I've learnt my lesson, better to block traffic than get a ticket so next time I'll just stop in the middle of the road :whistling:

Probably could still appeal just to see if it does get overturned but I'm still waiting to sort out my pothole claim which is worth considerably more so don't want to be firing letters at them from all directions.

1984, you mean? :unsure:

New rules from March 2008 means that councils in England can issue parking tickets remotely via CCTV. So they have a team of operators in some office looking at cameras, WAITING for someone to commit any parking offence.

It takes the human element away and makes everything into a RIGHT or WRONG scenario, even though you were just there for 2 seconds.

If there was a traffic warden at the side of your road, you could have just said, I'm just dropping someone off, not parking up, and he might have been cool with that.

I've had a ticket for parking with two wheels on the kerb - quite a busy road with a lot of buses going up and down, but pavements were about 10 foot wide and very little pedestrian traffic. So I put the car about 2 foot onto the pavement and the cars went by all day... But I got a ticket for parking on the pavement. So next time, I parked it on the road and all day, there was a queue behind the car as they waited for some space in which to go past it.

Money grubbing cretins, the lot of them.

:angry: It goes to show what the priorities in this country are, they would rather fine you for putting your wheels on the kerb instead of repairing the roads ie potholes.....

It really f:tsktsk:s me off the way this country is oprating, it won,t be long now before there is a revolution it is time to stand up to these fookers....

Now I know why I moved to Cyprus....but I don't know why I came back to all the crap that goes on in this country.... sorry rant over :shutit:

1984, you mean? :unsure:

Yep that's the one, I knew it didn't sound right! :lol:

Think what annoys me more is that instead of CCTV operators looking for criminal activity, it's them sitting in an office scouring the streets for illegally parked cars.......... :angry:

sad to say theres no chance of winning this one. were there any signs stating cctv in operation?

I don't believe they have to put signs up for this. It's a NEW power that every council in England has.

sad to say theres no chance of winning this one. were there any signs stating cctv in operation?

I don't believe they have to put signs up for this. It's a NEW power that every council in England has.

Good point that one shake, under the DPA signs have to be displayed stating that CCTV coverage is in place, THE PURPOSE of the coverage and who operates the system. Need to do a check on that one, could be a loophole!

edit - Page from the ICO - CCTV Code of Practice in particular

Example: “Images are being monitored and recorded for the purposes of crime prevention and public safety. This scheme is controlled by Greentown Borough Council. For more information, call 01234 567890.”

Is illegal parking a cime?

Edited by MacRS200

• 3 weeks later...

I finally figured this out today, and it's not what I expected at all! From the angle of the photo of my car, I simply assumed it was a camera mounted high on a mast which I couldn't see anywhere when I went out looking for it after I got the ticket.

However, this afternoon I discovered that it's not a fixed camera at all, its a CCTV Smart car which has a camera perched on a pole coming out of its roof! So basically it was just a case of bad timing as that car happened to be there just when I pulled up :tsktsk:

I'll make sure to keep an eye out for the t :tsktsk: ers next time :whistling:

Moving the topic slightly a new truvelo has appeared on the A610 at Codnor Derbys but there must be a fault with it as it appears to spontaniously combust so has caught fire already :whistling: P.S. nothing to do with me.

CCTV Smart Cars I hate them, they park illegally just to catch you, I have seen them in my area parking in double yellow lines just to catch motorists doing illegal turns.

it is time to fight back check this link

http://www.muswellhilltimes.co.uk/search/d...reaking_law.php

it was originally posted and discussed in pepipoo.com

Good point actually, even the one I saw the other day was stopped on a double yellow line trying to do someone.......next time I'm definitely going to park up and start taking photos of them until they go away! :whistling:

There's nothing anyone can really say to this. It's pathetic and final and absolute proof they're just out to make as much money from the honest motorist as they can. I agree with the thinking we need a revolution!

Seeing cameras that just happen to catch fire and get spontaneously vandalised always brings a tear to my eye - but only because it makes me laugh so hard! :devil:

Good point actually, even the one I saw the other day was stopped on a double yellow line trying to do someone.......next time I'm definitely going to park up and start taking photos of them until they go away! :whistling:

Make sure your parked legally ;)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links