Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Phew! That Was Tense! (united Win)

When I ran my cafe, I called the Cheese and Coleslaw "Scholeslaw" with his picture on the sign, so I guess you can tell who I've supported all my life (for a LOOOOONG time- I remember Munich).

But it's not good for the heart condition (which I didn't HAVE before this game!) to sit on a 1-0 for 80 minutes!

Fancy Liverpool for the final (as I'm from there originally?)

O.K. Back under the bonnets! :blush::tomato: :winky:

I was there last night. Not so old to remember Munich but put it this way my daughter is 4th gneration to sit in our seats so I am no glory hunter.

My old man had a heart attack at the ground a couple of seasons ago (he lived!) I was joking with him saying he wouldn't have survived last night. Really was squeaky bum time.

I'd rather face Chelski in the final, couldn't bear to lose to the Scousers in the Final.

Liverpool have never beaten Chelsea at the bridge under Benitez...:D

Always a first time? Will be tense! :crybaby:

Shahz? Why Liverpool when living in the soft south? Iz you a scouser originally?

Damer; i used to go in 60s. Saw Bestie often (in street too...used to chat.)Went again 2 years ago. WHAT a change! HUGE!! And what are you on about? LOSE to Liverpool? Come on!

When I ran my cafe, I called the Cheese and Coleslaw "Scholeslaw" with his picture on the sign, so I guess you can tell who I've supported all my life (for a LOOOOONG time- I remember Munich).

But it's not good for the heart condition (which I didn't HAVE before this game!) to sit on a 1-0 for 80 minutes!

Fancy Liverpool for the final (as I'm from there originally?)

O.K. Back under the bonnets! :blush::tomato: :winky:

I lost a good friend (Don Davies) in the Munich crash. Watched my first United game during WWII when they were playing at Maine Road.

But takin Torres off? Benitez is an idiot

Not really Stav when he is injured :o

Glad we aren't going in all seriousness as the punch ups ain't gonna get blamed on my club,

and any possible European Ban that may follow.

Chelsea vs The Scum will be bad enough for aggro IMO but if it was

Liverpool vs The Scum....

after a long day boozing till (nearly)11pm local kick off time in Moscow.....bad things would happen I'm afraid to say.

Took a knock according to Alan Green on 5 Live, watching pics listening to radio :lol:

TBH though thats a pathetic excuse, what else have you got to play for? City at the weekend?

He's paid enough money i'm sure he could play another 15minutes of football tight hamstring or not. And then to replace him with a Winger?

Just isnt good enough in my book. Think he seriously got that decision wrong.

Not saying it would have changed the game but you've got a better chance with him on the pitch.

Stav

Took a knock according to Alan Green on 5 Live, watching pics listening to radio :lol:

TBH though thats a pathetic excuse, what else have you got to play for? City at the weekend?

He's paid enough money i'm sure he could play another 15minutes of football tight hamstring or not.

Stav wtf has being paid enough money got to do with a player taking a knock & struggling. Get real.

In our most important game of the season, do you honestly think he would take off probably the

best "in form" striker on the planet, if he wasn't carrying some form of injury ?

BBC Sport Webstite

"The Spaniard also explained his decision to withdraw star striker Torres straight after Chelsea's second goal,

saying: "He had a problem with his hamstring."

His 2 best assets are his finishing.....and his pace. Take one of those away and he is 50% less effective.

Ever tried running at full pelt with a tweaked hamstring ? QED

Also bearing in mind that "winger" scored a great goal, scored another great goal against Arsenal in the quarters,

and actually sees himself as a winger that has converted to a striker a la Henry, I don't think the descision to

take off Torres can in fact in any way be critisized.

I'm not making any excuses as to losing the game. The reason we lost is exactly the same reason any team loses a game......

they scored more than we did.

Well thay have beaten you home and away this season Goeff :P going to be harder for them now :P

Ouch. Walked into that. I meant in the final. There goes your KFC next Thursday..... plus I'm telling everyone about that time you answered the door in your frilly nighty, fluffy slippers and glass of wine in your hand. Obviously expecting someone else.......

Well thay have beaten you home and away this season Goeff :P going to be harder for them now :P

Ouch. Walked into that. I meant in the final. There goes your KFC next Thursday..... plus I'm telling everyone about that time you answered the door in your frilly nighty, fluffy slippers and glass of wine in your hand. Obviously expecting someone else.......

No it was you i was expecting, as you know :winky:

Shahz? Why Liverpool when living in the soft south?

I often ask the same q to my son as he supports......liver...liverp....that team in the north west!! :P

A boring 0-0 will do for me :D

Hes a good Lad Pete :D ......... just always been a fan of the reds as a kid since the good ol days of rush & barnes.......well gutted last night :crybaby::crybaby: ........brilliant goal from Babel though!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links