Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Nokia Bluetooth Car Kit

i installed a new Bluetooth car kit a few weeks ago.. fortunatley work supply me with one so i decided to go for the CK15W (have only had a nokia phone for the last 5 years so seemed a good choice)

Now i installed it and put the screen under the stereo and the control wheel ontop of the ash tray (cant see it in the pic but is just under the bottom of the pic)

260320081265yj2.jpg

looked ok but felt it was getting in the way and a potential thief magnet so i decided some modifications were in order....

firstly it really annoys me to have to reach down to the control so i thought the best place would be down on the right where i rest my arm. so i fed the loom through the door loom and fixed it to the window control panel:

260320081264hu0.jpg

now i also wanted to relocate the screen and had an idea to hide it so it couldnt be seen and yet also in a position that made it easier to see whilst driving. So i thought i would mount it in the sun visor and could hide it away when the car is parked..

here are a few pics of how it went on and how it looks finished..

mounted with wiring loom still to finish:

190420081287jw4.jpg

new wiring loom through original mounting:

190420081288ev7.jpg

mounted back and all working!

190420081289pl3.jpg

in the dark:

190420081290jb0.jpg

not bad for an afternoons work.

I like it matey as it looks very tidy and like you say its out of the way of prying eyes, Nice job :D

cheers..

reckon i could fit one of these form start to finsih inc visor mounting in an afternoon with a bit of help..

only thing i might do is spray the black surround to a suitably matching grey..

That looks great what parot kit did you have before the nokia and what is the quality like in comparison

also thinking of hiding mine somewhere was looking at changing the ash tray unit to house mine but didnt think it would look quite right, pain in the arse these handsfree's lol

That looks great what parot kit did you have before the nokia and what is the quality like in comparison

also thinking of hiding mine somewhere was looking at changing the ash tray unit to house mine but didnt think it would look quite right, pain in the arse these handsfree's lol

parrok ck3200..

was ok.. occasionaly had annoying echo. prob only needed a software rest but did crash occasionally.

I think its the best option if you use different phone manufacturers but if you use one brand you will always get better compatability with same brand.

The one thing i really didnt like is the screen and control are one unit so if you knock the control the the screen can come loose.. and i couldnt do this install with that one!!

Just fitted a £50 Parrot Minikit on my visor after trying many alternatives.The performance is staggering & equal to the Nokia hard-wired kit I had fitted in my IS300.

Tel

Just fitted a £50 Parrot Minikit on my visor after trying many alternatives.The performance is staggering & equal to the Nokia hard-wired kit I had fitted in my IS300.

Tel

i had a ck7w car kit previously and that was ok but didnt have the screen.. the previous parrot was good until it started freezing.

prob wouldnt have changed it if i didnt get it as part of work but glad i did now!!

the visor one you have seems pretty good but cant be doin with charging another thing in the car!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links