Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Boot Install

OK the time has come to bring my baby up to spec

its time to put the intall in, i really want to put a false floor in though, i also plan on cheating here as i have a twin sub box that was custom cut to fit in the boot

I was thinking along the lines of a lift out section where the spare wheel is dont worry it wont be plane planning on putting a logo in there in a box underlit etc etc

my question is has any one attempted a false floor and if so how did it turn out are there any do's and dont's

there will be the following to hide

1 Lanzer Vibe

1 Alpine v12

1 Alpine crossover

1 Capacitor

look forward to suggestions

OK the time has come to bring my baby up to spec

its time to put the intall in, i really want to put a false floor in though, i also plan on cheating here as i have a twin sub box that was custom cut to fit in the boot

I was thinking along the lines of a lift out section where the spare wheel is dont worry it wont be plane planning on putting a logo in there in a box underlit etc etc

my question is has any one attempted a false floor and if so how did it turn out are there any do's and dont's

there will be the following to hide

1 Lanzer Vibe

1 Alpine v12

1 Alpine crossover

1 Capacitor

look forward to suggestions

an alternative that will give you full acces to teh spare wheel is to build a 'rack' in the corners of teh boot and mount them there. i have one in each corner.. i would ditch the cap, i have one currently biut getting rid of it. they do absolutely nothing unless its a very expensive one..

Hey thats what i ahve done just going to finish it off 2day i mounted the V12 on 1 side the Lanzer on the other and skipped the crossover for now i might fit it another day in 1 corner but it was trickey getting the carpet in after i had put the frames in but it fits tight

I raised the subs up an inch and made a frame under them so the carpet can slide under it but i cant decide if im going to box the front of the amps in and put a perspex sheet in front with back lights or not decisions decisions

an alternative that will give you full acces to teh spare wheel is to build a 'rack' in the corners of teh boot and mount them there. i have one in each corner.. i would ditch the cap, i have one currently biut getting rid of it. they do absolutely nothing unless its a very expensive one..

I planned on a side rack but then bought an amp that is too damn long to fit!!! Dunno what to do now, false floor is an option.

Be great to see your photos when done (need inspiration!)

You really recon a cap is no good? A mate of mine (who used to be an ICE installer) swears by them!

Opinions vary on caps, but I'd suggest staying away from any cheap ones (I am using a Directed Audio 2.5Farad Cap £150).

Big brand reputation counts here if you are going to use a cap, & the good ones don't come cheap.

Alternatively split charging/second Battery or uprated battery/alternator are other solutions.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links