Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

I am considering buying a used RX300 on an 03/04 plate. I would like to find out what real life fuel economy is like (mainly motorway driving)!

Also since the budget I have been looking to see how much Tax I will have to pay, however when I go to direct.gov website all of the listings are for the newer RX350

Can anyone clarify?

Yesterday.....M11....pouring rain.......the whole journey was A roads/70% Motorway @70mph on the button (indicated 75mph!) about 80 miles in total.....consumption was 26.1mpg, thats starting from cold.

Mk1 RX300 '03

Usual to and from work mostly B roads driven steady/occasionally brisk/sometimes b*lls out! Averages around 22.5

Luckily I my tax is due March so I missed the increase.... :winky:

Best regards David

PS , I should add that if your on the motorway all the time the indiccated mpg hovers around 38mpg instant.....I would think that equates to around 30mpg average......BUT ALL MOTORWAY

WELL here goes, if you buy an rx300 registered between 01/03/2001 and 23/03/2006 2008/2009 road tax will be £210 for 12months, from 01/03/2009 it will be £400 for 12months, from 01/03/2010 it will be £950 for 12months, then from 01/03/2011 it will be £440 for 12months, SHOCKING , they haven't got a clue, the uk is the ONLY country in the world applying this stupid tax, I have a 2004 RX300 Se-l with lexus rear entertainment system in it for sale, 41k miles, mail me if interested, lol, steve

WELL here goes, if you buy an rx300 registered between 01/03/2001 and 23/03/2006 2008/2009 road tax will be £210 for 12months, from 01/03/2009 it will be £400 for 12months, from 01/03/2010 it will be £950 for 12months, then from 01/03/2011 it will be £440 for 12months, SHOCKING , they haven't got a clue, the uk is the ONLY country in the world applying this stupid tax, I have a 2004 RX300 Se-l with lexus rear entertainment system in it for sale, 41k miles, mail me if interested, lol, steve

Sorry if I've got this wrong, but the way I understood it is that it's not £950 if you already own the car, it's £950 for the first year of ownership of a band M car.

Therefore you won't have to pay £950 (unless you buy another one), but if someone else buys an RX300 (or any other band M) after that date, it will be £950 for the first year.

Try this site for CO2 emissions of older cars.......CO2 emissions

Or else go to the Parkers website as they've got a useful calculator too :)

Hi guys, I have spoken to dvla/dvlc?, anyway, they confirmed that the £950 only applies to new cars registered in that year so you are correct, 2009 will be £400, 2010 will £455, either way it looks like legalised robbery to me considering they're not even spending the money on our roads

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links