Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Tyre Choices?!?!?

Hi all,

I am in need of 4 tyres the fronts are needed badly and the rears are nearing the end of their life so was going to do all 4 in one go.....

....I have been getting quotes for the Bridgestones that come standard on the car and also Toyo T1-R's as i loved these tyres on my Toyota and thought i would see if they were any cheaper....

...as it turns out they are but one of the garages was going on about Lexus working with tyre manafactures in this case Bridgestone to make the tyre work with the car to reduce road noise etc....now i know that BMW did this with the run flats but is this true with Lexus or is it a bit of a tale and just a line to get me to get the bridgesones over the Toyo's??

Cheers,

Matt

Hi all,

I am in need of 4 tyres the fronts are needed badly and the rears are nearing the end of their life so was going to do all 4 in one go.....

....I have been getting quotes for the Bridgestones that come standard on the car and also Toyo T1-R's as i loved these tyres on my Toyota and thought i would see if they were any cheaper....

...as it turns out they are but one of the garages was going on about Lexus working with tyre manafactures in this case Bridgestone to make the tyre work with the car to reduce road noise etc....now i know that BMW did this with the run flats but is this true with Lexus or is it a bit of a tale and just a line to get me to get the bridgesones over the Toyo's??

Cheers,

Matt

swear by the falkens fk452.. over 10k and still look mint! holds the road well and doesnt sound noisy to me!

a few of the others on here have these and at the price you get them for a great purchase!!

swear by the falkens fk452.. over 10k and still look mint! holds the road well and doesnt sound noisy to me!

a few of the others on here have these and at the price you get them for a great purchase!!

I can second this...... loads of tread out of them and at £72.50 a tyre delivered (mytyres.co.uk), Bargain!

Cheers

I havent had the geo done yet so thinking that i need to invest in this asap!!

I would ideally like to lower it but cant make my mind up about it yet as i know thats the begining of the end of me keeping this car standard......its been so hard going from my old cars!! lol....

I recently bought 4 x Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3 tyres for my IS200 Sport from Camskill.co.uk .

The grip on these tyres is incredible compared to the Bridgestones that were on there. It took me a while to settle on these but after trawling countless forums, I found most people rated these as highly as the Toyo T1-R's but the Goodyears lasted a little longer.

Not cheap but in my experience, cheap tyres are very much a false economy!

I recently bought 4 x Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3 tyres for my IS200 Sport from Camskill.co.uk .

The grip on these tyres is incredible compared to the Bridgestones that were on there. It took me a while to settle on these but after trawling countless forums, I found most people rated these as highly as the Toyo T1-R's but the Goodyears lasted a little longer.

Not cheap but in my experience, cheap tyres are very much a false economy!

Have to agree with you, I wouldn't have anything else now. The grip is even there when you have standing water like this they still gave me the confidence to keep up with Barry doing 90 :)

DSC00285.JPG

I am very cautious on tyres as i am also a motorcyclist i know the importance of good rubber, wont have anything but the best on my bike and i always want good tyres on the car too. I think the only complaint ive got is the wet grip of the bridgestones makes me very nervous as it makes both the car and my back end very twitchy........

....Think i might stick to the bridgestones and get the geo sorted and see how it feels from there.....as i have heard that the geo set up changes this somewhat.

To ask a silly wuestion, if the tyres are wearing on the inside edge on the left front and the outside on the right front is this the geo in need of setting up or is this the tracking out???

I know its a daft question but i want to make sure its all sorted....

Cheers again.

I am very cautious on tyres as i am also a motorcyclist i know the importance of good rubber, wont have anything but the best on my bike and i always want good tyres on the car too. I think the only complaint ive got is the wet grip of the bridgestones makes me very nervous as it makes both the car and my back end very twitchy........

....Think i might stick to the bridgestones and get the geo sorted and see how it feels from there.....as i have heard that the geo set up changes this somewhat.

To ask a silly wuestion, if the tyres are wearing on the inside edge on the left front and the outside on the right front is this the geo in need of setting up or is this the tracking out???

I know its a daft question but i want to make sure its all sorted....

Cheers again.

im sure Tony@wim will be on here later and will tell you the problem........on the tyre front i had 4 Nexen N3000 tyres and although they were good i recently had some new fronts coz of having hit a kerb etc....at the front ive now got Pirrelli Pzero rosso`s and could notice the difference straight away..more quieter and very grippy in the wet and dry.they just seem to stick the front end to the road.so when the rears need doing i will change those to the Pirrelli`s...as for how quick they wear out only time will tell.

if the tyres are wearing on the inside edge on the left front and the outside on the right front is this the geo in need of setting up or is this the tracking out???

it could easily be put down to tracking Matt, (and I am no expert) but the rears have a marked effect on the front too.

A full Geo Set-Up @ WIM is the best option I can advise. I know for you it is a bit of a trek,

but several members on LOC have travelled at least 2-3 times as far, and swear by the amazing

ride home and how the cars handling is transformed :D

I was more than a bit sceptical, but just driving 200 yards from WIM after my first check,

it really felt like I was driving a different car.

if the tyres are wearing on the inside edge on the left front and the outside on the right front is this the geo in need of setting up or is this the tracking out???

it could easily be put down to tracking Matt, (and I am no expert) but the rears have a marked effect on the front too.

A full Geo Set-Up @ WIM is the best option I can advise. I know for you it is a bit of a trek,

but several members on LOC have travelled at least 2-3 times as far, and swear by the amazing

ride home and how the cars handling is transformed :D

I was more than a bit sceptical, but just driving 200 yards from WIM after my first check,

it really felt like I was driving a different car.

Yep id second that Wozza !! :D

Where is it?

Tony ( WIM ) was in Hemel hempstead...but is in the process of moving...and opening new WIM centre....if you PM him or maybe he will be on here some time later he will let you know more about when the new centre is open......but trust me and Wozza on this its worth the wait and will be more than happy with the results of the geometry....and Tony`s a great bloke to boot and really down to earth and really does know what he is doing...he will always try and explain what the difference`s of the geometry setup are.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links