Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

:unsure:

this is my first rwd car, had it since Nov'07.

i like my corners, mainly powering through and out of them, however since its an auto when it down changes the rear wheels get kicked out when it down changes followed by fish tailing.

obviously a manual box / tip would solve this, apart from that is there anything that can be done?

thanks

:unsure:

this is my first rwd car, had it since Nov'07.

i like my corners, mainly powering through and out of them, however since its an auto when it down changes the rear wheels get kicked out when it down changes followed by fish tailing.

obviously a manual box / tip would solve this, apart from that is there anything that can be done?

thanks

IMHO, you could tighten up the rear any number of ways:

strut braces upper and lower

toms 6 links

Adjustable coilovers, and/or lower the car, get stiffer springs

TRD antiroll bars

Wider rear wheels with 275-295 rubber

Bear in mind, the standard suspension on the GS is very soft, even on our so called "Sport" models.

yep, mines a 1999.

thats what i was thinking Tigerfish... i can select L(1), 2,3 and 4. selecting these would mean they wouldnt go over the selected gear. (mine doesnt have overdrive)

maybe its the tyres i have, somtimes its very slipperly even when slightly damp.

thanks for the replies guys :flowers:

yep, mines a 1999.

thats what i was thinking Tigerfish... i can select L(1), 2,3 and 4. selecting these would mean they wouldnt go over the selected gear. (mine doesnt have overdrive)

maybe its the tyres i have, somtimes its very slipperly even when slightly damp.

thanks for the replies guys :flowers:

what tyres do you have?

Shake,

Mines exactly the same, I am scared to floor it round a corner in auto mode, a little different in manual mode, but still crap.

What you have to remember is that a GS was not designed to be pushed around and handle like a sports car, thats why i will be changing my car soon

BTW Shake, where abouts in London are you? I think I have seen a car like yours round East London???

Paul: im in East London, might be me your seeing! ending plate SLC, tints all around. there are at least 5 sport models knocking about east london from what i've seen.

I've currently got P-Zero's all round.

you guys are right... it wasnt designed with corners in mind in standard form. reason i purchased this car was for comfort and lugging family members around / work horse.

lovley car and toms exhaust note is sweet! :D

What I used to do with my old 2001 GS300 was either use manuall mode (which you don't have) or get your speed down before the bend, move the gear selector into the most appropriate gear, accelerate out the bend and then select drive once you have done.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links