Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Ipod

postie

Hi all i'd just fit the wiring so i can use my ipod through my OEM headunit and i came across a couple of articles which basically say the ipod has a software induced volume cap which was put in to protect user's ears. Apparently this only applies to EU models. the problem is there is a discrepancy between the radio volume and the in-car ipod volume. i cant really tell the difference using the headphones as it seem pretty loud to me. the only way to operate it in the car is to have the amp up really high all the time. Anyone else have similar problems? has anyone got a US bought nano so i could try testing my hypothesis?

help and thoughts appreciated

Hi all i'd just fit the wiring so i can use my ipod through my OEM headunit and i came across a couple of articles which basically say the ipod has a software induced volume cap which was put in to protect user's ears. Apparently this only applies to EU models. the problem is there is a discrepancy between the radio volume and the in-car ipod volume. i cant really tell the difference using the headphones as it seem pretty loud to me. the only way to operate it in the car is to have the amp up really high all the time. Anyone else have similar problems? has anyone got a US bought nano so i could try testing my hypothesis?

help and thoughts appreciated

Surely the volume cap only applies through the headphone jack and can't also be through the connector on the bottom (which is the one I'm assuming you're using to connect in the car)?

When I connected my Ipod to my Bose system at home, it was very quiet. But when I had a play about with the Ipod, I found somthing in the settings sections which keeps the volume of the songs the same. Once I switched this off, the neighbours, street, county etc was hearing what I had on my Ipod. Just make sure you turn your stereo off when you turn the sound leveler off on your Ipod.

i've got a 4gb Nano and you can turn the limiter off in the settings on the ipod itself? :)

is this a new nano? i was under the impression that the limiter only applied to the new ones and cant be turned off. It may be just the headphone jack as suggested by Parthiban. I do connect mine through the bottom connector but have nothing to compare it with-it just sounds much lower than the CD player and radio so i thought the cap was on

i've got a 4gb Nano and you can turn the limiter off in the settings on the ipod itself? :)

is this a new nano? i was under the impression that the limiter only applied to the new ones and cant be turned off. It may be just the headphone jack as suggested by Parthiban. I do connect mine through the bottom connector but have nothing to compare it with-it just sounds much lower than the CD player and radio so i thought the cap was on

Its the 2nd generation nano i've got matey one of the coloured ones not the black or white 1st gen? which one is you have mate?? :unsure:

the latest version 8Gb nano in black

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links