Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

New Phone

Rikos

Ive got an 8gb sdhc in my viewty, the phones firmware only shows 2gb on the phone but you can actually have more on the card (think ive heard there will be an updated version soon).......sounds can all be turned off, i dont like confirmations for everything i do :rolleyes: ........although ive not learned how to use all its features yet, from what i have used its a very capable phone.......Camera is excellent...and i dont even know how to use the ISO and other settings its got yet :blink:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Parthiban..

The maps on the N95 download as you move around.. this costs money everytime you use it, and there is normally a package for the amount of use.. i.e. dail, monthly etc..

Good points.. maps are normally up to date..

bad point... it can work out expensive..

Yes, you can install Tomtom 6 for symbian onto the N95, but you will need to use an external Bluetooth satellite receiver..

good points.. works very well, and costs diddly squat... you can also add speed camera's and celeb/comedy voices..

bad points.. need to update maps manually (no big deal)

The same goes for most symbian phones, tomtom works on many of them.... but the external receiver is a must... plus they are much better than the built in GPS receiver..

search for Holox on eBay.... about £30 ish including delivery.. Holux (note spelling) is more expensive, and no better..

John

The maps on the N95 download as you move around.. this costs money everytime you use it, and there is normally a package for the amount of use.. i.e. dail, monthly etc..

Cheers for that, but are you sure this is correct? The guy at vodafone and a bit of googling states that the maps and stuff are free, it's the turn by turn navigation that you pay for. I hope this is the case, as I only really want it to be able to pull up a map of where I am mainly for walking around london.

I've gotta say £5/month isn't too unreasonable though for up to date maps, life traffic info etc.........

*EDIT* Just found the solution, apparently Garmin XT Mobile works on the N95 utilising the internal GPS receiver, will try it out on my N95 when it arrives tomorrow and report back :)

u can download maploader software from nokia and connect your phone, and you can download full countries/even continents for free, as long as theres room on your memory card

i've had an original n95. i was on to my third, it was brand new and i swapped it for a month old viewty. best deal i've ever done.

the n95 is ok if you like toys. the camera is good. but generally its too glitchty and does some stupid things

the viewty works perfect. i dont sync, i only use it as a mass storage device. the camera is good and i can play music. above all for me it works well as a phone, it feels solid and is comfy in my pocket and doesn't answer itself when i bring it out!

Oh well... bobbed into the local Vodafone shop.... (since finding out my contract ran out last september)

Said I want to renew contract.... what phone can I have? ( I normally get any phone free)

The offered me some £30 handsets, and told me they were not going to offer anything else.. So I told them where to go.. and went into phones4U across the road..

They offered me a free N95 8GB on a £30 contract, but when I said I needed to keep my number, they said it was on vodafone, and you can't port a VF number to VF... (although they said if I made it PAYG, then they could port it...)

anyway, went into the Vodafone shop in Wakefield... they printed a list of phones I can have for free.... (which I kept) and I can have any of them..

So I walked out with a brand new N95 8GB, on my existing £25 contract... one happy chappy... considering the phone is £550, and my contract is £300 for the year, and all my calls are included.. :)

Oh.... and I got a 12 month one.... not 18

after 12 months, the X1 might be out, so I can swap again :) free phone every year... not bad !

John

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links