Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Nokia N95 8gb

johnboy

Hi, im due for an upgrade soon on my mobile phone, and the N95 8Gb ticks all the boxes for what i want, except for that i havent been a big fan of Nokia Phones.

I prefer Sony Ericsson phones, they do have one coming out that also ticks all the boxes, but doesnt have such a big screen as the Nokia.

Any comments on the Nokia ?

Thanks

I'm interested in this too, thinking about getting the same phone just not entirely sure whether I could live with how fat it is..........

I used to hate Nokia phones too, until I got a 6300 from work recently which has been brilliant, and got me thinking about getting a Nokia as my main phone too :whistling:

Also is there a way to just use normal GPS software on it, because otherwise it seems you need to access the internet when using it which sounds expensive....... :shutit:

I had the nokia n95 to start with and just got upgraded to the N95 8gb i went off nokias when i had the N91 how ever the N95 8gb seems to be restoring my faith the audio quality is great the film quality is great i was watchin the pre loaded spiderman 3 yesterday whilst at work and well chuffed with it, it seems to do everything they say it does and it does it well, i would say go for the nokia personaly

oh and it still makes calls

I switched from a Sony Ericcsen K800i to a Nokia N95-2 (8GB) a couple of months ago....the Sony was the only other make I've had in a very long line of Nokias.

Only just getting used to it, but does just about everything as well as making calls. Only thing it doesn't appear to have, that the SE did ,was a flight safe mode....it would be good to be able to watch DVD's on short haul flights. Comes pre-loaded with the Spiderman 3 movie, but easy enough to transfer others from the PC.

Bluetooth connection to the IS250 is fine, it synchronises with the complete contact listing.

Has a high res 5 megapixel camera with a Carl Zeiss lens for still and video (MPEG-4) imaging, and a separate low res camera for video calls.

What else? 2G and 3G networks, Wireless LAN capable for email and web browsing, Infrared transfer, GPS with downloadable maps, MP3 player, FM Radio, AV connector for headsets, headphones, TVs or home stereo and a data cable for printers and PC's etc. Also has HSDPA (3.5G) for high speed data downloads when connected to a UMTS network...faster than through the cellular network.

Bit chunky, but how surprising is that :whistling:

Only thing it doesn't appear to have, that the SE did ,was a flight safe mode....it would be good to be able to watch DVD's on short haul flights.

Seems a weird omission, is it not in the list of profiles when you hit the power button? It is on my 6300 so assumed it would be the same for all Nokias - although I guess the ones running Series 60 (or whatever it is) might have a different set up.

Yep it does seem to do everything, I'm also thinking of the new HTC TouchCruise (aka XDA Orbit 2 on O2) because that seems to do everything the N95 does - although it's not on vodafone so I won't be able to haggle an excellent upgrade deal, hence the confusion :blush:

Only thing it doesn't appear to have, that the SE did ,was a flight safe mode....it would be good to be able to watch DVD's on short haul flights
Seems a weird omission, is it not in the list of profiles when you hit the power button? It is on my 6300 so assumed it would be the same for all Nokias - although I guess the ones running Series 60 (or whatever it is) might have a different set up.

Looking through the handbook it appears you can select - tools > profiles> offline which enables use of the phone without making or receiving calls, but still able to use Bluetooth and WLAN...so not sure if this would be 'flightsafe'?

Its supposed to be a well equipped phone however as Parthiban said it is a quite fat, i went for the Viewty a few months ago, have to say i was well impressed, was a bit concerned about the touch screen, but ive had no issues with it all very easy to use (including texting).....has an excellent camera too.....got myself a 8gb san disk from eBay for £30.....enough room for tunes aswell as movies to watch on the tube on my way to work :winky: .....would thoroughly recommend it B)

Only thing it doesn't appear to have, that the SE did ,was a flight safe mode....it would be good to be able to watch DVD's on short haul flights

Looking through the handbook it appears you can select - tools > profiles> offline which enables use of the phone without making or receiving calls, but still able to use Bluetooth and WLAN...so not sure if this would be 'flightsafe'?

I use the offline mode on flights and they've not crashed LoL i think this is nokias idea for flight mode i wouldnt see any other use for it otherwise.

I use the offline mode on flights and they've not crashed LoL i think this is nokias idea for flight mode i wouldnt see any other use for it otherwise.

:whistling: any news regarding your mate and Garmin maps? :whistling:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links