Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Insuring An Import

Mike_B

A mate of mine at work is considering importing a brand new Ford Mustang from the US - one of the Bullit specials they are doing.

He's on the verge of ringing the dealer back to place his order, having checked out the finances, procedure for importing (turns out the guy in the dealer is an ex-pat Brit, and sells at least 2 cars a month back to the UK) but he wants some insurance quotes.

He's waiting for Adrian Flux to get back to him - but who do you guys with the Altezzas and Aristos recommend?

I'm with Adrian Flux myself at the moment mate but thinking about changing to APlan when the next renewal comes along - I'll see which one is better for me with my shiny new 3 points :(

Do cars from the USA have to go through anything like an ESVA then fella?

Yeah, they certainly have to go through SVA - my mate went to the place the dealer was recommending (somewhere on Canvey Island) and it seems completely legit, and the guy there was apparently doing a great job on the cars in his workshop at that time. Apparently there is a special one-off 700bhp supercharged Mustang there right now going through the legal stuff...

Two Trans Am's and an LS400. I'm not a committed eco-mentalist per se - I think that all Greenpeace hippies should be put in pens, but with that lot I'm sure you're at least partly responsible for the warm winter we've been having???!!!! :lol:

Not only that but is your name Esso BP McTexaco??

i do try and do my bit for the world :D :D

and how did you know my name is matt bp :D

oh i forgot to say about the van as well i insured that as a 2nd car that was cheap as well

but will find out soon how much it has up or down by as its due next month

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links