Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Thinking Of Changing To An Rx From My Ls

MAT_8N

i'm thinking of changing my old 97 LS400 for a newer 02-05ish RX300?

are they comparable in drive quality? i love the big lumbering barge i've got but i fancy something different that will fit the dog and tow a trailer!

whats the mpg like(realistically)?

are they as big inside as the LS?

i want the same specs as my car, the RX's will have all those wont they?

cheers

Matt

I had a 2003 LS 430 and swapped for a GS430 and now an RX so here is my 2p worth. It's comparing apples and Oranges really but here goes...

1) LS has lazy V8 - RX has "zingier" V6 - LS has quieter engine

2) Ride is more bouncy in RX - not a limo like LS but handles very well and is very comfortable.

3) RX not as big inside as LS but not that much smaller - does however have practicality of hatch and fold down seats to make a BIG boot.

4) My 350 gets around 20 mpg around town and 27 ish on Motorway - actually through roadworks with cameras on M1 I have seen 30+ a few times. Be warned that compared to LS it is a small tank (72) litres so range is about 320 miles.

5) Spec - I have SE-L which has air suspension, adaptive headlamps, Makr Levinson stereo, ICE, cruise control, Sat Nav, leather, electric everything basically, reversing camera (I also added front and rear sensors) so you will pretty much have every toy you will need.

6) 4WD obviously - works all the time in the background. LS was very stable car but like all RWD you could slip the wheels in wet etc. RX doesn't do this. You can blast out of wet side roads/junctions with confidence! :whistling:

7) RX is shorter than LS - much easier to park

Overall in a perfect world that didn't involve parking in multi storey car parks I would pick an LS 430 however I can say that my RX is a fantastic car and I have no regrets about buying one.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links