Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Sky + Hd Style

GWilso

Afternoon

I took up Sky's introduce a friend offer a few months back and we introduced the wife's parents to Sky the offer was for both party's to receive a free Sky + Box which was great as we are currently on standard Sky

We received the confirmation letter about our free box yesterday OR "we could upgrade to Sky + HD for £99" Which a saving of £100+ on buying the box alone...............

Seems like a good offer but is it really worth it yet? has anyone got the HD box? do you have to subscribe to the current HD channels IE pay out more £

Even though there isn't that many HD channels at the minute I don't think it will be long before we are all overcome by HD :unsure:

Any thoughts what would you do :unsure::crybaby::unsure:

Cheers

GWilso

Dependant on your Television spec. the up-grade will be well worth it:if you have a HD Dvd player & HDMI cable the images played are truly remarkable.

Tel

If the deal lets you just pay £99 for the HD box the I would considerit as you get BBC HD free (and i think channel 4 have just released a HD channel thats not within skys sbscription). However my assumption is that they would want to tie you in to a years HD subscription, which i wouldnt bother with as £10 seems alot for what you get at the mo.

Im very happy with my + box, and untill I can afford a 1080P 50" plasma im not fussed about HD on my 32"

Excuse my ignorance but presumably its just the sky channels you have to pay £10 a month for and not the privilege of have the HD box?

What i mean is I might get the box but not necessarily sign up for the HD package until it gets a dam sight better

GWilso

If the deal lets you just pay £99 for the HD box the I would considerit as you get BBC HD free (and i think channel 4 have just released a HD channel thats not within skys sbscription). However my assumption is that they would want to tie you in to a years HD subscription, which i wouldnt bother with as £10 seems alot for what you get at the mo.

Im very happy with my + box, and untill I can afford a 1080P 50" plasma im not fussed about HD on my 32"

As far as I know you have to pay £10/month for the privilege of the HD box, I don't think you can have it without signing up for HD as well.

Anyway, if you're not planning on getting any HD, I wouldn't bother with the box, as the price will only come down. Virgins equivalent costs £75, with no subscription, but they have no HD channels except BBC HD so there is no competition. As soon as they get a few (which hopefully is very soon!) Sky will have to drop their prices.

You pay for sky HD box (£200-300), you can usualy get these discounted if you try a few agents. either way im pretty sure that is on the basis that you have a minimum HD subscription of 1 yr (£10/m on top of your usual subscription) after a year you could cancel and just keep the HD box and get BBC and what ever other free HD channels are on offer at the time.

As Parth says, give it a few years and the HD will be free, sky+ used to be £10 a month but its free now.

Thanks for the info chaps ive opted for the standard sky plus for now. Will be here next week can't it will save a lot of arguments between me and the misses as to who's watching what at what time.

I can just record whatever give her a few quid on a saturday and point her in the direction of town ahhhhhhhhh peace and quiet :whistling:

Thanks for the info chaps ive opted for the standard sky plus for now. Will be here next week can't it will save a lot of arguments between me and the misses as to who's watching what at what time.

I can just record whatever give her a few quid on a saturday and point her in the direction of town ahhhhhhhhh peace and quiet :whistling:

Enjoy mate......Sky + really is a convenient way to watch telly!!

The man has the right idea!!! I mean, giving her £50 to send her to buy a new jumper or something is more than worth it when the alternative is a Saturday filled with 'clean the car' 'let's look through photos' 'let's go out ' 'help me defrost the fridge' 'let's do something together' and the worst one 'let's sit and have a chat'!

£50? It's cheap at twice the price!

You pay for sky HD box (£200-300), you can usualy get these discounted if you try a few agents. either way im pretty sure that is on the basis that you have a minimum HD subscription of 1 yr (£10/m on top of your usual subscription) after a year you could cancel and just keep the HD box and get BBC and what ever other free HD channels are on offer at the time.

As Parth says, give it a few years and the HD will be free, sky+ used to be £10 a month but its free now.

was it not the multiroom that is £10 a month?

A few of the channels are not worling on my sky + so i phoned them up and was told £60 for an engineer. Told them to cancel it and when they put me through to cancellations i explained that the channels wern't working and they said they would send out an engineer and replace everything free of charge if they needed to.

Even though it is half price i wouldn't pay for a box and wouldn't get Sky HD just now as its limited the channels that are HD

was it not the multiroom that is £10 a month?

Multiroom is still £10 extra, sky plus used to be but since the middle of '07 has been free.

just wondered if you got mixed up as i've never paid £10 a month for sky+ and have had it for at least a year maybe much more

my experience with the HD box is not to bother. I'm a year into it now and just cancelled it as i'm now onto the third box and was offered an extended gauarntee for £120, so I told sky to stuff their whole package as there is obviously a fault in their manufacture of these boxes.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links