Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Electric Supercharger

DINO

A modest real supercharger requires around 20bhp just to drive it -- about 15kW.

I somehow doubt that the eBay "supercharger" takes 15,000 watts of power from your Battery :)

There is a working electric supercharger

http://www.turbomagazine.com/tech/0406tur_...rger/index.html

http://www.boosthead.com/product.php?id=18

Spot the difference?

I was going to go for the hamster with a wheel as i heard it gives 15bhp :whistling:

Sorry had to, stay clear of it though fella

Glad you asked this as i too was contemplating buying one. Apparantly this price is an offer. On appearance it looks quite good but as everyone has commented negatively then i am going to steer clear.

I am also interested in this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CARBON-FIBE...sspagenameZWDVW

Can anyone comment on it? I notice that there are more expensive ones and this one is the cheapest.

Thanks fellas, for the honest replies. You guys are really full of information, brilliant forum, with brilliant people with the know how, you geeks, just kidding, thanks to all again. you saved me from making a bad mistake. Just hope that one day I can afford the proper supercharger, when one comes up of course, they are so rare and hard to get hold of. Just wish I invested in one a while back when they were going for £1800, I think from prolex, maybe wrong, it was a while back, damn.

Anyone for an electric Supercharger ?

IMO utter nonsense, better belt driven than Battery in boot powered.....

nissan_altimatrunk_batteries.jpg

Eventually they will need recharging.. where do they get their power from ?

Your Belt driven Alternator !!!

If the alternator is stock, we suggest four or more standard batteries or Optima batteries, which will provide longer running times. These will be heavy, so you can eventually replace the alternator with a 200-plus-amp unit and switch to the smaller and lighter Odyssey batteries.

I suppose those batteries weigh nothing either :whistling:

Thanks fellas, for the honest replies. You guys are really full of information, brilliant forum, with brilliant people with the know how, you geeks, just kidding, thanks to all again. you saved me from making a bad mistake. Just hope that one day I can afford the proper supercharger, when one comes up of course, they are so rare and hard to get hold of. Just wish I invested in one a while back when they were going for £1800, I think from prolex, maybe wrong, it was a while back, damn.

They where going for around that a while back but all the stock was sold and now they are only available from the main supplier and are around £4k. Second hand one's come up every now and then but go very quickly!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links