Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Ordering New Plates

Steve

Cracked my front number plate.. so went to Halfords to get a new one and you now have to prove your identity and show log book as of the 1st of January...

left me anry coz i had traveled quite a way through traffic and left with nothing.

Have a look at www.fancyplates.com.

They do some good designs. I ordered mine on Thursday and I received them this morning - no id or anything. (Suppose your credit card number is at least something.....)

its supposed to stop peeps duplicating plates.recently ordered a

set of plates ,but you stillhave to send proof of ownership(sorry)

you can use three ways:

1)post, takes longer obviously

2)e-mail

3)fax, easier for us non I.T. peeps

got them back in two days,first class service

Pete :D

I thought the same thing, it only seems to shirt to the right if you select a logo on the left (euro style). I guess you could put it in the special requests section of the order form.

I asked for (almost) exactly that in the 'special requests' section but the plates I received didn't take that into account.

(I didn't want the thin-line border around the edge, just the Lexus logo centered at the bottom and a Euro logo on the left)

Nevertheless, very happy with FancyPlates.

Nige

So did the plates they sent you have the border and the Lexus logo at the bottom right?

Which font/colour/shadow did you go for? I just wonder how legal some of them are. In the end I went for Euro GB plates but with the Euro sign and border in grey, standard font with no shadow and logo at the bottom.

So did the plates they sent you have the border and the Lexus logo at the bottom right?

Which font/colour/shadow did you go for? I just wonder how legal some of them are. In the end I went for Euro GB plates but with the Euro sign and border in grey, standard font with no shadow and logo at the bottom.

I used the 'UK legal' constructor, but asked for the Lexus logo at the bottom as a special request.

I got a blue Euro GB logo, UK legal font (and with no shadow or slant), and my own text beneath, but no Lexus logo and (thankfully) no line border.

I doubt grey Euro logo is UK legal, though I haven't seen that aspect specified, they just all seem to be blue so I expect it's defined somewhere.

Nige

mine is no way legal .. but i have order the UK spec fonts...

I have a spare plate in the boot and some double side tape in case i get stopped... very doubtfull though

I replaced the front plate at Lexus Bromley last week, for £7.50. No questions asked. no proof. Took 2 mins and I was away. They didn,t fix it though as they said they don,t want to touch an import.

Administrator,from my understanding it became law as

from the first of jan.proof has to be required to make plates

up legal or otherwise if ilegal they will still make them it's

just to prove that they have made plates for that motor.

mine were bought from GT GRAFIX they are standard spacing,

text with a a GBeuro with a GOLD border and web address on

the bottom centre.

Pete :D

I had my plates done done not long ago, and because it was shortened, I had to sign a disclaimer from the company that did them to say if I was to get pulled, they held no liability. So far so good............ :whistling:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links