Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Anti Roll Bars

Rob's Lexx

Hi guys,

Currently in the states and am toying with the idea of getting some ARB's from over here and bringing them back with me (they are HALF the price as buying from any UK dealer).

The one's i've seen are obviously for the IS300, but that, i presume, is a US spec IS.

I kow i have asked this in passing before but really need a definite yay or nay answer on whether the will definitely 100% fit my IS200.

Don't wanna fork out the cash, bring them back with me, and then find they don't fit :shutit:

Here's what i have to pick from:

Tanabe

Hotchkis

Eibach

Cusco

Stilen

Cheers

Rob

no one else have any experience/thoughts about this??

is mat around at the minute?

wanting to get this sorted ASAP, due to delivery times etc

IS300 Arbs fit an Altezza i think and is200 arb's fit an altezza. pm dave @ Prolex he should know, always gets back to you sharpish

IS200, IS300 or Altezza, it is the same chassis, the only parts that can not be swapped (without modification I mean) are the headlights and all the engine/transmission related parts

is hotchkis the best out the lot then? if so, why?

i've not heard of stilen, but read they are also quite good.

is there anything extra i will need to buy for these??

Hotchkiss are the stiffest available but you can soften them as they have 2 settings. They come with new bushes and all the necessary fitting kit

spoke to a few suppliers over here and most of them reccomend going with the Eibach kit. Reason being, they are a better compromise in that they are not so stiff that it becomes uncomfortable after a while (as suggested the hotchkiss will).

i have managed to source a supplier for the Eibach ARB kit and can get them for a good price, including delivery to my door within 3 days!! seems pretty good to me!

erm, some people are talking utter poop

anti roll bars are exactly that.......ANTI ROLL BARS, they make not a jot of difference to the comfort level of the car, they only work when the body of the car is ROLLING when going around a corner

the best bars for ANTI ROLL are the Hotchkis or TRD Yellow.

anti roll bars are exactly that.......ANTI ROLL BARS, they make not a jot of difference to the comfort level of the car, they only work when the body of the car is ROLLING when going around a corner

Thanks Mat, i khow what ones im getting then...............Hotchkis here i come :shifty:

you see, thats exactly what i thought. the ride comfort shouldn't be compromised. just what i was told. the hotchkis ones are becomming a PITA to track down because no one seems to have them in stock.....despite advertising they have them!!

will get on the phone in a min and contact Hotchkis directly, in Sante Fe Springs, CA.

you see, thats exactly what i thought. the ride comfort shouldn't be compromised. just what i was told. the hotchkis ones are becomming a PITA to track down because no one seems to have them in stock.....despite advertising they have them!!

will get on the phone in a min and contact Hotchkis directly, in Sante Fe Springs, CA.

tell them others are interested in them as well, if you do speak to them can you ask for a price posted to the uk??? pretty please! :shutit:

Jason :P

tell them others are interested in them as well, if you do speak to them can you ask for a price posted to the uk??? pretty please! :shutit:

a lot of suppliers over here wont post to the UK due to size constraints on USPS services. That said, i'll ask for you mate and see if they can ship via an alternative courrier....

^^

what the chairman said, i've got the yellows and it made no difference to comfort ;)

a lot of suppliers over here wont post to the UK due to size constraints on USPS services. That said, i'll ask for you mate and see if they can ship via an alternative courrier....

Have just spoken to the guy selling the Hotchkis arbs on eBay and he has told me that shipping will be $130. bargain if you ask me, $450 total , so roughlt around £225. will be buying these up next month. :P

Have just spoken to the guy selling the Hotchkis arbs on eBay and he has told me that shipping will be $130. bargain if you ask me, $450 total , so roughlt around £225. will be buying these up next month. :P

Jase dont forget VAT 17.5%, import duty, cant find the specfic rate, tyres are 4.5%, and any customs clearance charges.

Jase dont forget VAT 17.5%, import duty, cant find the specfic rate, tyres are 4.5%, and any customs clearance charges.

its ok, they are a gift :whistling::shifty:

its ok, they are a gift :whistling::shifty:

u will more than likely get stung for them mate. but give it a go.

postage to me hear is free, as the dealer is up the road so i'll be looking at about 160-170 english notes. :whistling::shifty:

also, that hotchkis supplier on eBay doesn't have them in stock until end of february (spoke in person yesterday). they were also not the best when it comes to telephone relations :shutit: :tsktsk:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links