Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Goodyear Eagle F1 Gsd3

Ok, so maybe I should have asked BEFORE ordering but just out of interest, anyone got any opinions on these tyres? Any comments good or bad?

I've got 4 coming tomorrow from Camskill.co.uk and I've just maxed out my credit card paying £300 for them. I needed 2 new tyres anyway so decided to go the whole hog and get 4 good ones instead of trying to make do with budget tyres (false economy in my experience). Now as I sit here anticipating their arrival, I'm just wondering if I chose the right ones.

I also looked at the Toyo Proxes T1 R but some people have reported that they wear down a little too quickly and can feel a bit 'soggy' so I went for the Goodyear.

I have had Continentals and Dunlop SP9000s and I now have the Eagle F1s.

Very expensive for a 20" tyre but by far the most superior. As far as I am concerned it is money well spent.

Your tyres are the only thing between your expensive machine and the road. Going down the budget tyre route is false economy in my opinion.

When she needs new boots it will be these again.

I had four of these fitted to my IS300 this morning, to replace the OE Yokohama A041s which had done 12,900 miles. £350.46, fitted, through Black Circles which was a good £40 cheaper than anyone locally would offer - mind you, I did have a 5% discount through work which would have helped. This was the first time I’d ordered tyres on line. You book a slot for the fitting and the tyres are delivered to the garage for you to turn up at the appointed time. Very easy.

The fitting place was superb, treating the car properly and quite happy for me to idly stand by and watch the process, which is unusual in these days of Health & Safety where the customer usually has to wait in the sterile environment of the office. Anyway, it was all done with proper wheel braces and a torque wrench, no air guns in sight.

As for the tyres, well so far they have done 4 miles on roads covered with a thin layer of snow, so perhaps I’d better wait a while before commenting on them.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links