Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

as dave said TTE did do a supercharger for the RX, it was basically the same supercharger unit as used on the is200, but with some plumbing differences.

however TTE have also twin turbocharged the RX engine when they fitted it to the 4x4 Avensis they built a few years ago, i have most of the details if your really that interested....

v6ttavensis.jpg

as dave said TTE did do a supercharger for the RX, it was basically the same supercharger unit as used on the is200, but with some plumbing differences.

however TTE have also twin turbocharged the RX engine when they fitted it to the 4x4 Avensis they built a few years ago, i have most of the details if your really that interested....

v6ttavensis.jpg

I would love to have the details.

Thx bro...

• 7 years later...

v6ttavensis.jpg

v6ttavensis.jpg

I would love to have the details.

Thx bro...

I would love any info on that car please :)

(sorry I know this is an old thread)

Was there any truth behind the NX 2L Turbo being based on the legendary 3S-GTE engines used in the Celica GT4 and MR2 Turbos?

That would be awesome, and a much newer reference point to use for any project you might have in mind! :)

Ah well, according to http://carnews.beforward.jp/searchs/detail/entry_id=229933

The NX engine is NOT related to the 3S-GTE but is related to the Supra, instead!!!

Also, probably old news for some, it is also going into the new IS as an engine choice.

I wonder if it will still be highly tunable?!

Wow, loads more info today when looking compared to months back when details were patchy.

So the engine developed by Lex/Toyota has incredible potential, and may be a precursor to that used in the next supra.

They are on a similar design path to Mercedes, who have managed to squeeze out 355hp from a 2L turbo engine and to me that is absolutely staggering!

Apparently the intercooler and exhaust manifolds on the NX are way over engineered for the current engine's output which is a very interesting turn of events looking forward!

http://blogs.youwheel.com/2014/08/25/lexus-nx200t-turbo-engine-to-get-high-output-version/

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links